Summary of The Day: The house was built on the waterfront of the harbor of Key West. In the beginning of the 20th century, the home was converted into a single family dwelling to house the base commandant.
The house has been host to many distinguished guests. Thomas Edison resided in the house during World War I, while working on depth charge research for the U.S. Navy.
In 1946, Harry Truman began visiting Key West for rest and relaxation and returned for 175 days during his presidency. Quarters A was the Winter White House.
President Dwight Eisenhower used the home while recuperating from a heart attack in 1956. In 1961, the Little White House played host to President John F. Kennedy and British Prime Minister Harold MacMillan during the Bay of Pigs incident. The house remained a living quarters for the commanding officers of the base until Truman Naval Station was closed in 1974. In 1996, President Jimmy Carter and his family, visited the home while on holiday and celebrated New Year's Eve here with family and friends. In April of 2000 the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the U.S., Great Britain, Germany, and France along with their wives had a private dinner at the Little White House.
Our history tellers relate a fascinating & personal glimpse of the most important man of his time.
Operating Times: Daily 9:00am to 4:30pm
Redeem your voucher/e-Tickets at the Truman Little White House located on Truman Annex, 111 Front St.
Front Street and Whitehead Street
Presentations start every 15-20 minutes. Parking is available at Mallory Square or The Westin Parking garage.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.