Half Day Volcano Tour and Lava Walk
- Tour Code:
- Start City:
Hilo, HI, USA
- End City:
Hilo, HI, USA
- 8 hours
- Tour Type:
Jan 1st 2014 - Dec 31st 2014: Daily
Get 67 Reward Points Buy This Tour and Earn 67 Points
See how it works
A true adventure, this tour gives you a rich cultural experience and an exciting view of nature at work. A picturesque ride gives way to the vistas of dormant volcanoes, lava beds, steam vents and craters. Hear legends of Pele, ancient goddess of the volcano, who settled in the crater of Halemaumau at the summit of Kilauea. And, visit the many wonders of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Later, walk out over rough terrain and experience the power of mother nature first hand. While mother nature is unpredictable, you might witness the glow of fiery lava during viewing at active lava fields.
Effective Wednesday, May 1, 2013, the departure time for our One Day Evening Volcano Special Tour will change.
Departure beginning at 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM, returns 8:00 PM to 8:30 PM. All times are approximations. Please remark your prefered departure time and location. Please Note: The pick up location on Kalia Road (Trolley stop) will no longer be available till 2/28/2015 due to road maintenance.
And the alternate pick up location is at Hilton Hawaiian Village, Tapa Tower Front Area.
Please note on Saturday, September 20, 2014,KalakauaAvenue will be closed from 4pm between Lewers Street and Kealohilani Avenue due to the Waikiki Ho’olaulea.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult age: 12 or up.
*Child age: 4 -11.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off to chosen location (see Pick-up Time and Locations)
- Ground transportation in air-conditioned tour coach during the trip
- Professional tour escort
- Airfares or related transportation between your home and Hilo airport or chosen pickup location
- All personal expenses
- Optional tours (Prices may vary depending on availability)
Q & As
Please note questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc. You may also review our FAQ section for additional information you are looking for.
- Above prices are subject to change due to additional transportation fee depending on your hotel pickup location. Please contact us to offer your specific hotel location after booking. Then we will provide you more detailed information about quotation and pick up location.
- Please arrive at hotel pickup location 10-15 minutes prior to pickup. All times are approximations. The real pick up time depends on the hotel distance.
- Please note that this tour departs from Hilo Airport and Hilo hotels only.
- Route may be modified due to National Park advisories. Tour features can change daily as we cannot predict weather and lava viewing conditions. We do not guarantee sighting of lava flows.
- Moderate walking; please wear walking shoes and dress comfortably (expect sun, wind and at times rain conditions).
- Children under the age of 4 are free and must be seated on an adult's lap. If you require a seat for a child under 4, please purchase a child's admission.
- Dinner available for purchase.
- In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation is confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.
- Please refer to Customer Agreement before you make reservation.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
|Your guide speaks the language.|
|A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.|