Save 15% before 2017! : Get 15% off book and travel from November 1 to December 31, 2016.
Madrid - Royal Monastery of El Escorial - Basilica of The Valley of The Fallen - Madrid
Summary of The Day: During this tour, we will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared a World Heritage Site, and the Valley of the Fallen, a basilica and memorial to honor those who lost their lives during the Spanish Civil War.
We will start our visit at El Escorial, a symbol of the Spanish power in the 16th century that commemorates the battle of St. Quentin. It is also a mausoleum for Charles V. Due to the symmetry and balance of its construction in the humanist Renaissance style, it had been considered the Eighth Wonder of the World. The visit includes the Habsburg Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum, the Chapter House and the Basilica.
Located five miles away from El Escorial, the Valley of the Fallen monument was built between 1940 and 1959 to honor the fallen during the Spanish Civil War. The basilica is carved into the mountain at nearly 4,430 feet of altitude, where an impressive 492-foot high cross towers over the magnificent mountain range.
Languages: English & Spanish
Other languages are also provided as follows:
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Promotion applied to departure on
11/01/2016 - 12/31/2016
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 6-15 years of age
* Participation is free for children under the age of 6.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Transportation in air-conditioned motorcoach
Multilingual official guide
Entrance to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial
Entrance to the Valley of the Fallen and the Basilica
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
Maximum one child per adult.
Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Please bring all valuable items with you. Do not leave any valuable items unattended at any time during the tour service. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Thank you for contacting tours4fun with your inquiry.
The total tour duration from Pick-up to drop off is approximately 5 hours. So the actual site seeing time is about 3 hours.
The above time estimates are approximate and are subject to adjustments as the daily schedule of the tour will be arranged by the tour guide.
To view the tour's available dates, simply locate the reservation step "START DATE" on the right hand corner of the tour's information page and scroll through the different available dates per month on the reservation calendar to view the tour's available dates shown in bold print.
You can complete all the steps and click on book now to place your order for the tour online.