Summary of The Day: This half-day Pompeii from Rome tour will commence at Termini Station where your dedicated local representative will provide you with train tickets and take care of all seating arrangements, allowing you to relax and enjoy the ride. Throughout your one-hour trip to Naples, you will be treated to Italy’s spectacular scenery in the comfort of the air-conditioned, high-speed train.
Once in Naples, you will be welcomed by your local expert guide, a personalized benefit not offered by many other providers. After a short private coach transfer you will reach the world-famous ruins of Pompeii where you will be introduced to your official English-speaking guide. From there, be enchanted and mystified on a 2-hour guided tour into the past like no other. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Pompeii is considered one of the most fascinating archaeological sites in the world. A haunting yet magical place where time has been captured for eternity. Through interactive, entertaining, and educational commentary, your expert guide will help you to understand how the Romans lived during those fruitful (and ultimately catastrophic) times, while exploring the well-preserved fossils and ruins that have been buried beneath volcanic ash for centuries.
Thanks to our exclusive Pompeii partnership, you will have the unique opportunity to explore recently-opened Domus (homes of the ancient city’s most influential people), still decorated with frescoes of animals, powerful gods, and lush landscapes. After a short coffee break or local souvenir shopping, you will meet an English-speaking driver who will accompany you on the way to back to Naples and will stay with you until your departure by train to Rome.
The coach will take you to the train station where your English-speaking driver will take care of all seating arrangements to ensure you will have a comfortable, safe and relaxing trip back with enough time remaining to enjoy the rest of the day in Italy’s bustling capital.
This Pompeii half day tour ends around 2:10pm at Termini Station.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 2-14 years of age
* Children 1 year of age and younger join the tour for free - no reservation needed.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Arrive in Pompeii in 1.5 hours via high-speed train
It is imperative to arrive promptly at the meeting point, at least 15 minutes prior to departure time, in order for our representative to provide train tickets and accompany you to your seats on the train. Late arrivals will not be eligible for a refund.
Our guides at Naples' train station will have a sign with the name of the tour at the meeting point for easy recognition.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend brining a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
Extra measures may be implemented due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering the venue. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
The local operator reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or staff.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Regrettably, this tour package doesn't include meals.
To place your order for a reservation online, simply select your desired tour start date and the number of rooms you need/ travelers you are booking for on the upper right section of the tour information page, then click on "BOOK NOW".