Summary of The Day: You will be met at the cruise pier where you will be picked up and transferred to Antigua Guatemala. Here you will meet your guide.
Antigua Guatemala is outstanding and the best-preserved colonial city in Latin America. Tourists visit Antigua Guatemala every year from around the world to enjoy its natural beauty and historic monuments. The Spanish Colonial style permeates every part of the town: its houses, churches, squares, parks and ruins, also its traditions and folklore as well. Antigua is a city of charm and color where you can see and buy an overwhelming variety of attractive, handmade products that honor the traditions of generations of artisans.
We start with a 3-hour walking tour with a visit to La Merced Church - one of the most important churches in Antigua. We will also explore one of the distinguishable landmarks in Antigua Guatemala, Santa Catalina Arch. Built in the 17th century, originally it was connected to the convent of Santa Catalina, allowing the cloistered nuns to pass from one building to the other without going out on the street.
Next on the itinerary we will walk through Central Park to appreciate the The Cathedral of San Jose - Roman Catholic church in Antigua Guatemala. The original church was built around 1541, but suffered several earthquakes throughout its history, and the first church building was demolished in 1669, The cathedral was rebuilt and consecrated in 1680. By 1743 the cathedral was one of the largest in Central America. We will continue to a Jade Factory where you can appreciate the sacred stone of the Mayan civilization.
After a mild walk we will have time to eat lunch. Then we'll enjoy some free time to buy souvenirs, we will return to Puerto Quetzal to board your cruise.
You MUST provide us with your ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and departure time so that appropriate arrangements can be made. You may input this information in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
Please wear walking/hiking boots as we will be walking 3-4 hours, often in wet weather. Sorry, no wheelchair access.
Please bring a hat, sunglasses, sunblock, camera, bug repellent, thin pants, rain gear, long sleeve t-shirts, personal medication, and you passport (passports are required).
Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact us.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.