Summary of The Day: There are no scheduled activities on the first day of the tour. On arrival please ask reception when the pre-departure meeting will be held.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Antigua is one of the most delightful colonial towns in Central America. To fully explore this beautiful town, we recommend booking post-tour accommodations at the end of your tour.
The indigenous people can be seen throughout the cobbled streets and plazas of the city selling their crafts and textiles in their colorful costumes. As the cultural center of Guatemala, Antigua is an ideal place to experience the traditional music, architecture and art of the country. Rich in ornate churches, convents, parks, plazas, cafes, restaurants, bars and colorful street markets and surrounded by awe-inspiring volcanoes, Antigua is one place you will never forget.
- Meeting point: Hotel Posada Los Bucaros, 7a. Avenida Norte No. 94, La Antigua, Guatemala. Please double-check your voucher for necessary details regarding accommodations of the days following. All hotels provided are of a 3 star standard.
- Hotel Posada Los Bucaros or similar
Antigua - Copan
Summary of The Day: We'll leave Guatemala and cross over into Honduras, ultimately arriving at the charming town of Copan. Within walking distance of the village is one of the best-kept and most intriguing of all the ancient Mayan sites: the Copan ruins. On your guided tour you will see the intricately carved sculptures depicting the 16 rulers of this once glorious and influential city.
Join us in the afternoon for an optional trip up to the hot springs surrounded by the lush vegetation of the surrounding hills, a horse-trek through the countryside, or a tour of a local coffee plantation (own expense).
Summary of The Day: Our exploration of Copan continues.
Copan - Roatan Island
Summary of The Day: From Copan we'll take a bus through the coffee growing districts and the coastal town of Tela before arriving La Ceiba for the trip by ferry to Roatan, the largest of the sun-soaked Bay Islands. There is plenty to to keep you entertained, but it is also just as easy to find a deserted beach lapped by warm Caribbean waters. Here you will find palm-fringed lagoons, turquoise waters, friendly locals, lively nightlife and stunning underwater scenery, with some of the cheapest diving and snorkeling in the world! You can elect to swim with dolphins, a truly unforgettable experience, or get into the true Caribbean spirit on a sunset cruise (own expense).
Summary of The Day: Our exploration of Roatan Island continues.
Roatan Island - Tegucigalpa
Summary of The Day: After free time in the morning, we'll catch a flight to Tegucigalpa, the starting point for our road trip to Leon, Nicaragua.
Summary of The Day: The lovely town of Leon, with its colonial charm, is the highlight of today's itinerary. You'll have plenty of time to stroll through the shady gardens and plazas. This is an especially good place to buy leather goods.
Summary of The Day: Our exploration of Leon continues.
Summary of The Day: Our exploration of Leon continues.
Summary of The Day: After passing through the capital, Managua, and the tobacco-growing regions, we arrive in Granada, on the shores of Lake Nicaragua. Granada is one of the most characteristic and colorful colonial towns in Central America. Founded in 1524 at the foot of the Mombacho Volcano, this lovely town will remind many of its Moorish counterpart in Spain. Optional excursions include a visit to the Masaya National Park, with its double-crested volcano, and the Masaya handicraft markets nearby. Alternatively, you can opt to tour the islands by boat, or trek and/or zipline through the Mombacho Volcano Cloud Forest (own expense).
Summary of The Day: With two free days in Granada you'll have plenty of time to take an optional day trip to Managua to see the sights. The recently restored National Palace offers a fascinating tour into the past.
Granada - Ometepe Island
Summary of The Day: Traveling onwards, we'll cross the vast Lake Nicaragua, the largest lake in Central America. We'll take a boat to the unspoilt and tranquil island of Ometepe in the middle of the lake. This is the true heart of Nicaragua - the perfect place to escape from it all.
You may choose to hire a local guide and spend your free time touring the island and searching for ancient statues and petroglyphs. The more athletically-inclined can go hiking or horseback riding on a black sand beach. Lying in a hammock and taking a dip in a freshwater spring also come highly recommended.
Summary of The Day: Our exploration of Ometepe continues.
Ometepe - San Jose
Summary of The Day: San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica, is nestled in a fertile valley among coffee and sugarcane farms. There is not much left of the colonial era architecture, but the National Theater built in 1897 is certainly worth seeing. Other popular attractions include the Jade Museum, Pre-Columbian Gold Museum and the National Museum.
There are plenty of optional activities within the vicinity of San Jose, such as the Poas and Irazu volcanoes, white water rafting, Turu Ba Ri Nature & Adventure Park and the Aerial Tram.
Summary of The Day: Your adventure of a lifetime comes to an end today. If you have a late flight or have lengthened your stay by adding post tour accommodation you will have more time to explore the sights.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $1,888.98||USD $2,267.98|
|+USD $35.00||+USD $56.00|
|+USD $48.00||+USD $81.00|
|+USD $83.00||+USD $137.00|
* You must be at least 18 years old to join the tour.|
* Single Occupancy price applies when one people stays in one standard hotel room.
* Double Occupancy price applies when two people stay in one standard hotel room.
- Guided tour of Copan ruins
- Roatan Island
- Ometepe Island
- 14-night accommodations (hotels, hostels and guesthouses)
- Flight from Roatan Island to Tegucigalpa
- English-speaking local guide(s) on included excursions
- Airfare and the cost of other transportation between your home and departure city
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Optional excursions (prices and availability subject to change):
- Village Tour: USD 35.00/person
- Coffee Plantation Tour: USD 20.00/person
- Zip Lining: USD 50.00/person
- Walking tour: USD 25.00/person
- Horse riding: USD 15.00/person
- Hot springs and BBQ: USD 25.00/person
- Coffee tour w/ lunch: USD 30.00/person
- Snorkelling with dive boat: USD 15.00/person
- Scuba diving: USD 25.00 per dive
- Introduction dive (up to 15m): USD 100.00/person
- Botanical gardens: USD 5.00/person
- Swim with dolphins: USD 85.00/person
- Kayak rental: USD 5.00 per hour
- Butterfly garden: USD 5.00/person
- Scooter rentals: USD 35.00 per day
- Bike rentals: USD 10.00 per day
- Glass bottom boat: USD 20.00/person
- Fishing trips: USD 60.00 per hour
- Horse and cart: USD 2.00 per hour
- Masaya markets and volcano - price depends on numbers
- Isletas tour: USD 15.00/person
- Mombacho canopy tour: USD 45.00/person
- Horse riding: USD 17.00 for three hours
- Volcano Maderas trek: USD 23.00/person
- Volcano Concepcion trek (8-10 hrs, you must physically fit to complete this walk): USD 23.00/person
- Jade Museum: USD 15.00/person
- Museum National: USD 4.00/person
- Butterfly farm: USD 6.00/person
- Theatro National: USD 5.00/person
- Cancellation Policy:
- 27 Days Prior to Departure Date - 100% of Reservation Cost
- 28-59 Days Prior to Departure Date - 50% of Reservation Cost
- 60 or More Days Prior to Departure Date - 10% of Reservation Cost
- This is an adventure tour. We see a destination from the locals' perspective using a variety of transport, staying in small, locally-owned guesthouses.
- There is no airport in Antigua, Guatemala; you must fly to Guatemala City and then take a bus or taxi from there to Antigua (27.9 miles). Please make sure that you fly into Guatemala City, and NOT Antigua in the Caribbean.
- We recommend that you obtain some local currency - the quetzal (GTQ) - upon arrival. There are several international ATMs inside La Aurora International Airport, as well as money exchange offices offering a good rate.
- If you have booked an airport arrival transfer, please look out for someone with a sign which has your name, local operator name, or both after exiting the customs hall. If you are likely to be delayed by more than two hours, please contact the emergency number at least six hours before arrival. If we are advised in time, we will make every effort to reschedule your transfer and your driver will be asked to wait for two hours after your new expected arrival time. However, if we are not made aware of any change, the driver will only wait for two hours after the original scheduled arrival time and after this point it will be up to you to arrange transport to your hotel at your own expense.
- Detailed itineraries are provided in good faith and it is our intention to adhere to the published route. Changes may be made before or during your tour for operational or safety reasons. Impromptu changes may also occur whilst you are travelling as a result of one-off circumstances such as an excursion being closed on a particular day, weather conditions or transport. Delays are rare but occur occasionally and for this reason and the reasons above this itinerary should be considered as a guide only. Published transport times are approximate and may vary depending on local conditions.
- Travel insurance is a compulsory requirement for all bookings.
- You are required to purchase comprehensive travel insurance before travelling with us and provide details of your insurance to your tour leader at the beginning of your tour.
- Please make sure you know exactly what you are covered for, remembering there are many adventure activities available during the tour which may not be covered by basic insurance. Make sure that your travel insurance covers general medical expenses, hospitalizations and medical evacuations. Also ensure that you are covered for travel at high altitudes if necessary for your tour.
- A suitable insurance policy should provide adequate cover for medical expenses arising through illness or accident prior to or during the holiday and loss of holiday monies through cancellation or curtailment of the holiday for insurable reasons. You must be in possession of a travel insurance policy that includes a minimum of £100,000 (or equivalent currency) in cover for any medical expenses that you might incur when travelling, and for repatriation to your home country in the event of a medical emergency.
- To protect your personal property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Customer ReviewsSee All
You May Also Like
Antigua Afternoon Walking Tour
22-Day Guatemala, Belize and Mexico Adventure
12-Day Maya Encounter Tour: Antigua to Caye Caulker