Summary of The Day: "La Nueva Guatemala de la Asunción," or Guatemala City, is political, religious, and cultural center to Guatemala. This metropolis of about 4 million people is home to a unique blend of colonial architecture and modern buildings that, alongside its important museums and historical monuments, offers visitors a unique experience.
After picking you up from the hotel, we'll begin our Guatemala City tour. First we will visit Las Americas Avenue, which is named after the reform drawn in the late nineteenth century, due to the formation of the Organization of American States on April 30th, 1948. The area comprising of the Avenue of the Americas was demarcated in several farms in the early decade of the 50’s with the intention of dedicating land to the American continent.
We will then continue to the Civic Center of the City, a set of buildings constructed between the 50’s and 60’s and includes: the Supreme Court of Justice, the Ministry of Public Finance, City Hall, the Social Security, the Bank of Guatemala, the National Mortgage Bank, and the Guatemalan Tourism Commission. The Bank of Guatemala is decorated with high relief murals by Dagoberto Vasquez describing the history of the country, and also includes a mosaic by Carlos Merida.
Next we continue to the Major Plaza of the Constitution. This Plaza is the heart of the Historic Center of the city. It is surrounded by important monuments such as the National Palace (now the Cultural National Palace and museum), the Metropolitan Cathedral, the Portal of Commerce and Centenarian Park. A few steps away are the National Library, the Periodicals Library and the General Archive of Central America. The tour includes a visit to the Central Market, which is located behind the Metropolitan Cathedral, in the basement of the Tabernacle Plaza. There, visitors can buy a variety of art and handicrafts from all over the country; ceramics, textiles, leather, wood, and silver.
Then we'll continue to Paseo Cayala, 63 acres of land that combines various concepts of housing, dining, shopping, entertainment and business districts. A destination for dining, shopping or entertainment with more than 90 business concepts from cafes, shops and restaurants; a special place to share with a cultural agenda and activities all year round,
The tour concludes at Paseo Cayala and from this point we will make our way back to the hotel. Feel free to stay here as long as you'd like and return to your hotel on your own later on or continue to the hotel.
Pick-up times must be confirmed with the tour guide 48 hours before tour departure date.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Adult (12 - 99)
Child (3 -11)
*Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
* Adult: 12 years of age or older
* Child: 3-11 years of age
* Infant: 0-2 years of age
Roundtrip Hotel Transfers from Most Guatemala City Hotels
Please present a copy of your reservation to your guide at pick-up.
Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
This tour is operated in English and Spanish.
Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian are available as private services, and are subject to additional costs and guide availability.
For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact us.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.