Summary of The Day: Today you'll begin your tour of these two fascinating cities! After picking you up at the hotel your guide will take you on a sightseeing tour of the historic center of Guadalajara. Here you'll stop at the Plaza de Armas, home to one of the most magnificent monuments in the city, the Guadalajara Cathedral. The interior is richly decorated with gold leaf columns, Gothic arches and stained glass featuring the Last Supper.
Alongside this stunning cathedral, you'll see the amazing but imposing architecture of Guadalajara in the former Hospicio Cabanas which now houses the Instituto Cultural Cabanas and the stunning murals of Jose Clemente Orozco, as well as the neoclassical Teatro Degollado. Then we'll continue to the Plaza de la Rotonda, located on the north side of the cathedral. Here, your guide will explain history surrounding the Jalisco Rotunda, a circular monument of 20 bronze sculptures in honor of several illustrious people of the state of Jalisco.
Then you will walk with your guide through Mercado Libertad, also known as San Juan de Dios Market, one of the biggest traditional markets of Mexico. Within, you’ll see the local stalls selling everything from imported products, sweets, flowers, ponchos, traditional clothing and leather goods.
Later, we'll travel to Tlaquepaque, a small colonial town southeast of downtown Guadalajara. You'll have free time here traverse the narrow cobbled streets and admiring the beautiful architecture. You will have the opportunity to walk through the craft markets, where you can find Mexican wood carvings, ceramics and leather goods, before your guide takes you back to your hotel in Guadalajara.
We offer hotel pick up in metropolitan zone, with first pick up at 9:00am.
To protect your personal property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.