Summary of The Day: Meet one of the most talented chefs in Athens and learn the secrets of a perfect Greek meal, from the local and fresh ingredients and time tested culinary techniques. With your fellow students and foodie enthusiasts, you'll be guided through Varavakios, Athen's central market, to introduce yourself to the fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats that will be your most important tools today.
Then you'll step into the kitchen of a classic Greek restaurant, and begin your lesson. Over the next you'll work closely with your instructor to make classic appetizers like cheese pies and authentic, Greek salads. After some practice, you'll work on the main course, a unique recipe prepared by both you and the chef based on the seasonality of ingredients.
After everything is out of the oven and prepared, relax with a glass of homemade wine and dig into to the scrumptious meal you've prepared yourself. And don't worry about remembering it all; you'll leave here with a complimentary scroll of all the recipes you've worked with!
Accompanied by homemade wine you will enjoy a perfectly traditional Greek meal, while at the same time socializing with people from all over the world. The journey into the world of Greek cuisine ends with lots of pictures, smiles, and a souvenir scroll with all the recipes you have prepared yourself, our gift to you!
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 18 and older
* Child: 12-17 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 12.
* Group size: 4 min, 10 max.
* Tour requires at least 4 pax to guarantee the departure. For 1-3 pax, your reservation will be holding. We would contact you should another booking coming in at the same departure date as yours. The departure will be cancelled and the tour fee will be full refunded, if we cannot reach the minimum guests prior to the departure date. Meanwhile, your departure also can be guaranteed if you would like to pay 4 pax at a time. Do not hesitate to contact our CSR if you have any inquiry.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
A guided tour in the central market of Athens (Varvakeios)
A 4-hour culinary experience with the guidance of our food expert
Our walk begins at 10:30am & we would like to start on time as to avoid delays & dive into the secrets of the delicious Greek cuisine. We suggest you be there 10 minutes earlier, at 10:20am, so you can get to know your food expert & the rest of the group. In case you can’t make it on time, please give us a call & inform us about the delay.
Prepare yourself for an exciting experience & bring along your camera so you can capture the local color of the central market. All the ingredients for the cooking afterwards are provided by us. Needless to say that wearing comfortable shoes is an absolute must!
Greek Ambrosia is a particularly fun experience for our little friends, especially if they are into cooking. Keep in mind, though, that you should be careful and warn your child about possible dangers in the kitchen. He must follow the orders of the chef & not expose himself to danger of any kind. Τhis is why we do not allow the participation of children below 6 years of age.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.