Summary of The Day: No visit to Beijing is complete without walking along the legendary Great Wall of China, so escape the busy city streets with us and experience one of the Great Wonders. We promise you won't regret it!
Unlike other Great Wall tours in Beijing, we focus on giving you an awesome, authentic small group experience. That means we don’t take you to any shops or factories along the way – it’s all Great Wall all the time (except for a delicious local lunch…but that’s a good thing). Our Great Wall tour is hassle-free, so your experience is not only memorable, but totally authentic as well.
Beat the early morning traffic with an early pickup and head outside Beijing for the Great Wall of China. Arrive at Mutianyu before the crowds (the later you come, the more “people experience” you will have than “Wall experience” – trust us). Mutianyu is a mostly restored, spectacular section of the Wall, and as your first stop at the Wall, you’re going to want to take a moment to take in this incredible view. It's a short hike up onto the Wall, but the climb is worth it, as you'll be rewarded with amazing views of the wall as it stretches through the surrounding countryside. Yep. That's right. You've made it to the Great Wall of China. Savour this moment. An alternative is to take the cable car up (at your own expense) to the Wall if you wish to avoid the climb, giving you the flexibility that you can enjoy at your own pace.
Trek along to the watchtowers and learn about some of the Wall’s myths and legends from your local guide, all the while drinking in even more spectacular views. Although there are a lot of steep steps in places, we invite you to tackle the Great Wall at your own pace as you soak up the magnitude of this feat of engineering.
At the end of the walk along the Great Wall of China, it's up to you how you want to get down. You can head back the way you came, or, if you fancy a different perspective, take the cable car or toboggan (yep, toboggan) back down.
After well and truly working up an appetite, we'll head for a tasty local lunch and try some Chinese specialties. With full tummies, start making the journey back to Beijing. Your local guide can give you more suggestions on what to do, so don’t be shy to ask our local experts for their help.
The tour ends at around 2:00pm-3:00pm, at Sunworld Hotel, No. 88 Dengshikou Street, Dong Cheng District.
For this tour you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Please note that as many areas of the Great Wall are quite steep and you will need to wear comfortable shoes with good grip and support.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.