Melbourne - Great Ocean Road - Twelve Apostles - Melbourne
Summary of The Day: The spectacular Great Ocean Road is one of Australia's most popular destinations. Enjoy views of uninterrupted beaches, dramatic coastlines and lush rainforest on our small group eco-tour. We'll travel west to the start of the Great Ocean Road, passing the coastal towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay, ultimately arriving at the iconic Cape Otway Lighthouse, the oldest surviving lighthouse on the mainland.
After enjoying breathtaking views over Southern Ocean and Bass Strait, we'll treat you to an Aussie BBQ lunch. Then we'll continue to explore Shipwreck Coast, stroll along storied beaches and see Loch Ard Gorge. Arriving at the Twelve Apostles, we'll descend Gibson's Steps to a place dwarfed by the magnificent limestone stacks. In a small group there's plenty of time to get out and see nature at its very best.
We normally return to Melbourne at around 8:30pm. Inclement weather and/or traffic conditions may cause a slight delay, however.
If you select the Sunset Tour option we will follow the same route along the Great Ocean Road but will have the chance to see the sunset over the 12 Apostles, an experience not to be missed! You'll also enjoy a cafe style lunch instead of a Aussie BBQ.
The Sunset Tour departs at 10:00am (May - Sep) or 11:00am (Oct - Apr) and returns at 10:00pm and 11:00pm respectively.
Courtesy pick-up service is available at most Melbourne inner-city hotels. Please leave a note with your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
If you do not want to be picked up from your hotel you can join the tour 15 minutes prior to departure time at 570 Flinders Street, Melbourne.
* Adult: 13 and older
* Child: 4-12 years of age
* Children under 4 years of age are not permitted on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
All park entrance fees
Aussie BBQ lunch (sausages and salad) for the Classic Tour
Cafe lunch for the Sunset Tour
Tea/Coffee and biscuits
Friendly and informative tour guide
Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off from select Melbourne Hotels
Tour operator reserves the right to alter fares, inclusions, and vehicles, and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Went on the Bunyip great ocean road tour with our driver Rob who made the long day interesting, fun and was very helpful in taking photos and giving us information on all our stops. I would recommend this tour as the great ocean road scener...y is awesome and you have a great number of stops to explore and take photos. Read full review
"The one day tour of the great ocean road was a definite highlight of my trip to Australia. The trip is great value for money and the early start ensures that you are able to see as many sites along the great ocean road as possible. Rob, ou...r guide was really fantastic, enthusiastic and entertaining in explaining the historical and geographical elements of the great ocean road and made sure every passenger was getting the most out of their day. During the trip we stopped at beautiful surf beaches, coastal towns (including Lorne and Apollo Bay where we spotted lots of wildlife including koalas), stopped for lunch at Cape Otway Lighthouse, took in the rugged coastline, the Twelve Apostles (which are breathtaking), Loch Ard Gorge and also had a scenic drive through the rainforest. I definitely recommend this trip. "Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.