Melbourne - Moonlit Sanctuary - Phillip Island - Melbourne
Summary of The Day: Take the ultimate day trip from Melbourne to Phillip Island and witness the famous Penguin Parade! But, before we get to the main event in the evening, we'll have time to visit critters of the Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, travel to the heritage farm on Churchill Island, see the dazzling Nobbies, take a thrilling eco-adventure tour with an local ranger, and learn all about the local wildlife of Philip Island Nature Park.
Heading out of Melbourne we'll travel southeast to Mornington Peninsula where we'll enter the Moonlit Sanctuary. Here, take the chance to get up close to wombats, dingoes, emus, Tasmanian Devils, and numerous colorful birds. This park is filled with friendly and fascinating animals alongside expert zoologists who can answer all your questions. We'll also get the chance to take the Wallaby Walk to get up close to kangaroos and wallabies. For an extra fee you can even hand feed them and get your picture taken with a koala!
From here we'll pass through San Remo, a maritime fishing village and gateway to Phillip Island, and arrive at Churchill Island heritage farm. We'll have time to explore here, visit an original cottage and homestead, learn the art of sheep shearing, throw a boomerang, and even get to milk a cow! Those who are hungry can purchase lunch and snacks from the farm (own expense).
Next, we'll head to the scenic Nobbies and walk along the boardwalk to discover the homes of the Little Penguins. At the Nobbies Center we'll get to take the Antarctic Journey, an interactive multimedia experience and guided tour that will let you marvel at Antarctica's amazing wildlife - all without leaving Australia! We'll also have some time to explore the Phillip Island Nature Park, home to koalas, shearwaters, seals, and, of course, the Little Penguins!
Before we meet the famous Little Penguins we'll meet a local ranger guide who will take us on an informative eco-adventure tour to learn a bit more about the local wildlife. This trip includes waterproof jacket and pants as a personal headset and night vision scopes to make the most out of your experience!
Afterwards, prepare yourself for a magical evening at Summerland Beach where we'll enjoy exclusive Penguins Plus premium seating to witness the Penguin Parade, a nightly event where we'll get to see the fantastic animals walk out across the beach by the dozens!
After this spectacular event we'll transfer you back to Melbourne. There may be an opportunity to have dinner before or after the Penguin Parade (dependent on season).
Tour departs at 10:00am and returns during 9:00pm and 11:30pm (dependant on season).
* Price is per person for travelers aged 15 or older.
* Travelers younger than 15 years of age are not permitted.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Please input your hotel address during booking and we will confirm the pick-up time and location 24 hours prior to tour departure date.
Please bring warm, waterproof clothing as nights can be cold on the island in any season.
The Penguin Parade is a natural phenomenon taking place in the open outdoors.
Ultimate Adventure tour option is limited to 10 guests.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.