Summary of The Day: Join us for the ultimate Adelaide sightseeing tour that combines our morning and afternoon tour into one full day tour! We'll lead you to discover the vibrant culture, delectable food, historic buildings, and fantastic attractions that make Adelaide such an elegant city.
We'll pick you right up from your hotel and travel to the heart of the city, Victoria Square. Here you'll discover Adelaide's great public institutions, from the Supreme Court of South Australia, the Torrens Building - home to several international university centers - and a variety of public art displays. Then we'll introduce you to Cosmopolitan Gourger Street, site of Adelaide's vibrant Chinatown and numerous fantastic restaurants.
We'll journey down King William Street and encounter The Terraces. These four terraces divide the central business and residential district of Adelaide from the surrounding parklands.
From here we'll enter the parklands and discover kilometres of gardens, parks, and natural bushland that form Adelaide's unique character. Along the way we'll encounter the River Torrents, sight of Adelaide's picturesque garden banks, set in Adelaide's North Terrace. Here we'll encounter the Parliament House, the State Library of South Australia, and Trinity Church, the oldest church in the city.
Next, we'll head on down Hutt Street, a trendy lane of relaxing restaurants and bars. Then we'll have a real treat with a visit to Haigh's Chocolate, one of Adelaide's premiere chocolate shops, where we'll enjoy a tour followed by a complimentary cup of tea or coffee and some delicious chocolate.
Afterwards, we'll visit St. Peter's Cathedral and then see the Adelaide Oval, an impressive stadium and one of Australia's most renowned cricket grounds. We'll end the tour by visit Colonel Light's on Montefiore Hill for a panoramic view of the city followed by a scenic drive along Plane Tree Drive past the Botanic Gardens and Adelaide Zoo.
You'll have some free time for lunch (own expense) before re-joining the coach for your afternoon tour.
We'll begin our afternoon sightseeing tour as we cruise through the city and see Chinatown, Adelaide Central Market, Victoria Square, St. Francis Xavier Cathedral, and King William Street. Here we'll learn about the city's four main terraces which divide the central business and residential district from the surrounding parklands. Our tour will lead us through the North and East Terraces, where we'll discover the trendy Hutt Street and the green suburbs of the East Terrace.
Following our sightseeing tour we'll head out of the city and travel into the Mt Lofty Ranges for a day trip into the Adelaide Hills. Here we'll enjoy spectacular views of the city, Glenelg, and the Gulf of St Vincent. Along the way we'll visit the charming village of Bridgewater and see the iconic Bridgewater Mill and Waterwheel. Next, we'll visit the famous Beerenberg Strawberry Farm, a household name throughout Australia and beyond.
From here we'll travel to Australia's oldest German settlement - Hahndorf. Enjoy a relaxing stroll under the Elm trees along Hahndorf's main street and enjoy delicious afternoon tea with old fashioned hospitality in delightful surrounds (or try a trio sampler of Germany's best beers).
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 3-14 years of age
* Children younger than 3 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Haigh’s Chocolate is not available Sunday and public holidays.
Please input your hotel address during booking and we will confirm the pick-up time and location 24 hours prior to tour departure date.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.