Summary of The Day: E-bike ride through the spectacular Prague countryside in the Cesky Kras area and Czech Grand Canyon on your way to the 650-year-old Karlstejn Castle. Enjoy the scenic ride on these new and exciting bikes!
Electric bikes make covering the 35-kilometer/20-mile trip to Karlstejn easy and enjoyable. With the added electric motor, you will have zero difficulty riding through Prague's outskirts.
This Gothic castle, with enchanting monumental architecture, is located southwest of Prague. It is one of the Czech Republic's most visited castles and was built by King Charles IV between 1348 and 1355. Karlstejn Castle once held royal, imperial and coronation jewels as well as state documents.
Our bike trip begins from the Praha Bike office in the center of Prague. Following a bike path along the Vltava and Berounka rivers, we will enjoy an approximately 4-hour bike ride with regular stops and refreshment stops at a beer garden. We also stop at amazing Velka Amerika Canyon (Czech Grand Canyon is a partially flooded limestone quarry). We will view the quarry from an observation platform. At Karlstejn, we will have a lunch break.
We'll explore Karlstejn Castle's exterior as your guide introduces you to the castle's history, the life of Charles IV, his era and cultural impact. Your guide also will assist you on the train ride back to Prague, however you will be able to depart wherever you prefer in the city. Our trip ends at approximately at 5:00 p.m.
Difficulty Level:: easy/medium (35 km/20 miles)
Arrival Point: Central train station, near Museum metro station
You should go to the departure location by your own, and please check in 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Not recommended for children aged 14 and younger.
* Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
* Participant weight limitation: over 45 kg (100 lbs) and under 120 kg (270 lbs).
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Guided bike ride to Karlstejn Castle with friendly English-speaking guide
E-Bicycle Rental and Insurance
Karlstejn Castle exterior excursion
Water bottle on the bike
Helmets, baskets & bungee cords
Free city map
Return ticket to Prague by train
Bike pick-up from Karlstejn Castle
Lunch, Average price for lunch is about 8 Euros
Guided tour of the castle interior (Guests have the option of taking a guided tour (55 min) of the castle interior (11 EUR/Adult; 7 EUR/Child, Students & Seniors)
Tours in other languages are offered upon request.
You should go to the departure location on your own and check in 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Guest must be able to ride a bike as no training is provided except how to control e-bike.
Groups are limited to 10 participants per group.
You will be asked to review safety procedures and sign a waiver prior to tour departure.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.