Summary of The Day: Tour this San Francisco gem with the Official Segway Tours of Golden Gate Park. We are the exclusive licensed Segway tour operator in Golden Gate Park. This fun and informative tour is the most sensational way to see this 1000-plus acre park!
This fully narrated journey will take you to the Park's best views and hidden locations while our professional guides provide you with the history and tales of this oasis in the city.
A combination of designated trails, bike paths and low speed-light traffic streets are used to conduct the guided tour of the park. After a 40-minute training on how to safely operate the Segway, you'll explore the sights of Golden Gate Park for two hours. Explore eight miles of the eastern part of Golden Gate Park, which covers both the famous landmarks and many hidden and less explored areas. Your experienced and fun tour guide will narrate your tour through a compact single ear-bud sound system. Each guest is issued a compact radio receiver so they don't miss a detail of what the guide is saying about each site seen on the tour.
• The de Young Museum
• The California Academy of Sciences
• The Music Concourse & Temple of Music
• Lily Pond, Fern Grotto and Storybook Cross
• The Historic Carousel & The Lawn Bowling Courts
• The National Aids Memorial
• Shakespeare Garden, Stow Lake & Strawberry Hill
• The Rose, Rhododendron & The Dahlia Gardens
• Redwood Grove and Pioneer Log Cabin
• The Japanese Tea Garden, The Conservatory of Flowers & Botanical Gardens
Our goal is to let guests enjoy riding an eco-friendly Segway, see more sights than they could cover on foot and have lots of fun. An added benefit for the environment is a few less tour buses on the city streets each day.
- Tour Times:
April - October: Daily at 9:00am, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm & 4:00pm
November - March: Daily at 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
|USD $75.00||USD $75.00|
*All guests must be age 12 or older and weigh between 100-250 lbs or 46-115 kilos.|
*No pregnant guests.
*Riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the tour.
- 30-45 minute training session
- Helmets and safety vests
- Professional tour escort
- Admission fees, entrance to park museums, entrance to paid attractions or souvenirs
- Airfares or related transportation between your home and San Francisco airport or chosen pick-up location
- All personal expenses including hotel room service and meals
- Service fee for tour guide
- All guests must be age 12 or older and weigh between 100-250 lbs or 46-115 kilos.
No pregnant guests.
Riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the tour.
No refunds will be issued for any member of your party if you do not meet these criteria.
This activity is not recommended for guests age 70 and up or guests with mobility issues.
- We do not offer hotel pick-up service for our tours. All tours start on time, so please arrive 15 minutes early.
- Tour start location is in the paved area directly behind the Sprekels Temple of Music (Bandshell) in the Golden Gate Park Music Concourse area. The entrance to the Japanese Tea Garden is across the street from our training lot at 7 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco, CA 94118. Parking spaces are not available at the guest training location. The Segways training area is not visible until you are behind the Bandshell. On some Park special event days the training area will be moved to the adjacent Tour Bus Parking Lot. Click here for a Google Map Link to our start location
- We reserve the right to change the size of the tour to meet requests for that specific day. San Francisco is famous for the fog! Our tours run in fog, rain or shine. We always suggest multiple layers of warm clothing for any San Francisco activity. Summer afternoons can be in the 50s. Rain gear is available for those infrequent rainy days. Segways are designed to run in any weather. If seasonal fog/weather obscure the view, tour routes may be altered.
- In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
Write a Review and earn 200 points. Attach photos to your review and earn 25 points per photo.
Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.
David Cattell(0)Useful12/04/2015Recommend to anyone
"The Golden Gate Park Tour I did with Tours4Fun was very nice and very enjoyable. The scenery was very nice. The instructor was very helpful, very professional. It was the first time I rode a Segway and I was afraid to make it go too fast b...ut he kept encouraging me, Read full review
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Thank you for your interest in Tours4Fun.
For this particular tour we do not offer group rates but we do have 5/14/2016 as an available date.
At the moment, current price for a group of 17 people the total cost would be $1,189.66.
Customer Service Rep
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7