Day 1 - Arrive in Rome, Italy. Welcome to Rome! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner with pasta and wine at one of Rome's lively restaurants. (D)
Day 2 - Rome. Morning guided sightseeing features visits to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL, world famous for Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgement, monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA, and the COLOSSEUM and ROMAN FORUM, where Roman legions marched in triumph. To make the most of your stay, join our optional Roman Highlights excursion, and see the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, and the sites and squares of medieval Rome made famous in the movie Angels and Demons. (B)
Day 3 - Rome - Florence. Enter Tuscany and arrive in Florence, "Cradle of the Renaissance." Follow your Local Guide for a visit of the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS with Michelangelo's celebrated David. Admire the magnificent cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze "Gate of Paradise," and visit sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE. Time to check out the enticing shops with Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry on Piazza Santa Croce before joining [LF] a Tuscan dinner with wine, traditional bruschette, and Tagliata Fiorentina at Finisterrae restaurant. (B,D)
Day 4 - Florence - Venice. In Venice, enter in style by PRIVATE BOAT to ST. MARK'S SQUARE. Admire the Byzantine basilica, the Clock Tower, lavish Doges' Palace and the Bridge of Sighs. Watch skilled GLASSBLOWERS fashion their delicate objects, then there is time to explore or to join an optional gondola ride. [LF] A PASTA PARTY with wine has been prepared at a local restaurant as a proper Arrivederci on your last night in Italy. (B,D)
Day 5 - Venice - Lugano, Switzerland - Lucerne. Enter the Swiss Alps and stop in the subtropical town of Lugano in the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland. Explore Piazza Riforma or stroll along spectacular Lake Lugano. Then, admire the towering majesty of the Swiss Alps and St. Gotthard on the way to picture-book Lucerne. Why not sign up for a folklore party with yodeling and alphorn blowing for a first-hand impression of Alpine merrymaking? (B)
Day 6 - Lucerne. During your walking tour, admire Thorwaldsen's emotional LION MONUMENT and the ornate patrician houses lining the cobblestone streets of the Old Town. Cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit Church. [LF] A special Swiss CHOCOLATE SURPRISE awaits to give you a real "taste" of Switzerland. Shop for Swiss watches or knives, and to make the most of your stay, choose from our optional activities: climb Mount Pilatus by cable car or take a cruise on the fjord-like lake. (B,D)
Day 7 - Lucerne - Paris, France. Say Auf Wiedersehen in Basel and cross the border into France. On your way to Paris, drive past the vineyards of Burgundy with views of beautiful castles and past Fontainebleau Forest. An optional excursion is available to try out local specialties in one of Paris' lively restaurants followed by a drive through the "City of Light." (B)
Day 8 - Paris. Discover the world capital of chic and style with a Local Guide and admire its most famous sights: the Opéra, Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysées, and more. For a bird's-eye view, take the elevator to the second floor of Paris' most famous landmark: the EIFFEL TOWER. An optional excursion to the lavish baroque Palace and Gardens of Versailles is available. Tonight, an optional evening out for dinner and a show at the Moulin Rouge may be the best way to say, "Au revoir, Paris." (B)
Day 9 - Paris - London, England. Board the high-speed EUROSTAR TRAIN for a smooth ride to London, arriving in the afternoon. Meet your local host, who will assist you during your stay in London. Why not take in a West End show tonight? (B)
Day 10 - London. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes all the famous landmarks: the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben beside the River Thames, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, and more. Highlights are a visit to ST. PAUL'S CATHEDRAL and the ceremonial pageantry of the Changing of the Guard, if held. Afternoon at leisure. Optional excursions are available to the Tower of London or to Windsor Castle, and later, maybe enjoy dinner, followed by a cruise on the River Thames. (B)
Day 11 - London. Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation is confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.