- Most Popular Tour
Day 1 - Arrive In Glasgow, Scotland. Welcome to Glasgow! Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to relax in Scotland's largest city. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner with wine at your hotel. (D)
Day 2 - Glasgow. Trossachs, Stirling & Bannockburn Excursion. Start your day with a drive into the picturesque, forested region known as The Trossachs. Stop in Aberfoyle, the charming village on the banks of the Forth River, and then follow the route along the Lake of Menteith and through Callander to Stirling. Take photographs of the Wallace Monument, testimony to William Wallace's victory over Edward I of England's troops at The Battle of Stirling Bridge in 1297, as re-enacted in the film Braveheart. Next, visit STIRLING CASTLE, a great symbol of Scottish independence and favored residence of Scotland's kings and queens. Today's final highlight is the new BANNOCKBURN VISITOR CENTRE, commemorating the key battle in the Scottish Wars of Independence of June 23-24, 1314. Back in vibrant Glasgow, an orientation drive takes in the fine 12th-century cathedral, imposing university buildings, and elegant Georgian squares built by wealthy tobacco barons. (B)
Day 3 - Glasgow - Fort William - Glenfinnan - Isle of Skye. Drive along the "Bonnie Banks" of Loch Lomond, then proceed via Rannoch Moor, scenic Glen Coe, and Fort William, and follow the "Road to the Isles" to Glenfinnan. At Mallaig, board your FERRY for the crossing to the Isle of Skye then visit the MUSEUM OF THE ISLES at the Clan Donald Centre. Before dinner tonight, why not join an optional excursion to the spectacular Eilean Donan Castle, followed by a drink at a local pub? (Some tours may stay on the mainland.) (B,D)
Day 4 - Isle of Skye - Culloden Moor - Pitlochry - Dunkeld. Return to the mainland this morning and trace the shores of Loch Ness on your way to the CULLODEN VISITOR CENTRE, where you hear the story of the crushing Hanoverian victory over Bonnie Prince Charlie's Scottish clans. Then, a unique treat: admire a champion shepherd at Leault Farm as he manipulates his flock with up to eight border collies in a [LF] SHEEPDOG DISPLAY. Enjoy more spectacular Highland scenery as you drive through Cairngorms National Park and Glen Garry to the Victorian mountain resort of Pitlochry. This afternoon, visit a WHISKY DISTILLERY, where your guide explains the ancient art of converting barley, water, and yeast into a heart-warming liquor. (B,D)
Day 5 - Dunkeld - St. Andrews - Edinburgh. Look forward to a special visit to SCONE PALACE, the stately home of the Earl and Countess of Mansfield. Join your guide on a private tour of the Murray family home and hear about the crowning of Scottish kings, including Macbeth and Robert the Bruce, then enjoy [LF] COFFEE and SHORTBREAD. Plenty of time later to explore the palace grounds. Continue on to St. Andrews, whose Royal and Ancient Golf Club, founded in 1754, has given us the rules of golfing. Cross the mighty Forth Road Bridge to Edinburgh and tonight, don't miss our optional Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis. (B)
Day 6 - Edinburgh. Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old "New Town" and famous scientists, inventors, and novelists. In the "Old Town," drive up the narrow Royal Mile to EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. The afternoon is free to enjoy the Scottish capital at your own pace. Later, a unique experience: board the former [LF] Royal Yacht Britannia, once the perfect royal residence for the Queen's glittering state visits and family holidays. Tour five decks and see how the Royal Family and crew of 240 lived and worked on board. Dinner rounds off this exceptional evening.NOTE:For departures August 6, 13 & 20 tickets are included for tonight's performance of the world-renowned MILITARY TATTOO, a vast spectacle of massed Scottish pipe bands that takes place in an arena on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle.
Day 7 - Edinburgh. Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- During the spring and summer, we recommend that you wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes.
During the fall and winter, we recommend that you wear layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
- In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.
- Please refer to Customer Agreement before you make reservation.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.
Edit Photo Title & Description
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Pricing (Per Person)
|Land Start Date||Price From:|
|2015-04-23||$1829||See in Cart|
|2015-04-30||$1829||See in Cart|
|2015-05-07||$1829||See in Cart|
|2015-05-14||$1829||See in Cart|
|2015-05-21||$1829||See in Cart|
|2015-05-28||$1849||See in Cart|
|2015-06-04||$1849||See in Cart|
|2015-06-11||$1849||See in Cart|
|2015-06-18||$1849||See in Cart|
|2015-06-25||$1849||See in Cart|
Prices based on double room occupancy.
Single room supplement:
Triple room reduction per person:
Extra nights per person in Glasgow:
in single room $162, in twin $115, in triple $112
Extra nights per person in Edinburgh:
in single room $221, in twin $164, in triple $159
- City Highlights
GLASGOW Welcome dinner; orientation drive
STIRLING Visit Stirling Castle; take pictures of the Wallace Monument
BANNOCKBURN Visit the innovative new visitor centre commemorating Robert the Bruce's victory
LOCH LOMOND Take photographs of this stunning beauty spot
FORT WILLIAMGLENFINNAN Take pictures of the monument
MALLAIG - ARMADALE Cross the Sound of Sleat by ferry
ISLE OF SKYE Visit the Museum of the Isles at the Clan Donald Centre
CULLODEN MOORVisit the battle site's visitor center
HIGHLANDS[LF] Enjoy a fascinating sheepdog display at Leault Farm; guided tour of a whisky distillery
PITLOCHRYVisit the Victorian mountain resort
SCONE PALACE [LF] Coffee, shortbread, and a private guided tour of the Earl and Countess of Mansfield's stately home
ST. ANDREWS Visit the home of golf
EDINBURGH Guided sightseeing, visit Edinburgh Castle, [LF] visit the former Royal Yacht Britannia and enjoy dinner at a local restaurant
- Launch Date
Full Scottish breakfast; 4 three-course dinners with wine and choice of menus, including a welcome dinner in Glasgow and a dinner at a local restaurant in Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo ticket included for departures August 6, 13 & 20
Motorcoachi; ferry to the Isle of Skye. Free Wi-Fi available on your motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.