Day 1 - Arrive in Glasgow, Scotland. Welcome to Glasgow! Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to relax in Scotland's largest city. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)
Day 2 - Glasgow. Stirling Castle & Trossachs Excursion. Start your vacation with an excursion steeped in history: first stop this morning is at STIRLING CASTLE, a great symbol of Scottish independence and favored residence of Scotland's kings and queens. Then, see the Wallace Monument, testimony to William Wallace's victory over Edward I of England's troops at The Battle of Stirling Bridge in 1297, as re-enacted in the film Braveheart. Leaving bloodied history behind, follow the route through Callander to the Lake of Menteith and Aberfoyle in the picturesque forested region known as The Trossachs. Back in vibrant Glasgow, an orientation drive takes in the fine 12th-century cathedral, imposing university buildings, and elegant Georgian squares built by wealthy tobacco barons. (B)
Day 3 - Glasgow - Fort William - Isle of Skye - Inverness. Follow the "Bonnie Banks" of Loch Lomond, then proceed via Rannoch Moor, Glen Coe, and Fort William, and follow the "Road to the Isles," passing Glenfinnan to Mallaig, where you board your FERRY for the crossing to the Isle of Skye. Visit the MUSEUM OF THE ISLES at the Clan Donald Centre, then return to the mainland and trace the shores of Loch Ness on the way to Inverness. (B,D)
Day 4 - Inverness - Culloden Moor - Pitlochry - Dunkeld. At CULLODEN VISITOR CENTRE, hear the story of the crushing Hanoverian victory over Bonnie Prince Charlie's Scottish clans. Then, a unique treat: admire a champion shepherd as he manipulates his flock with up to eight border collies in a [LF] SHEEPDOG DISPLAY. Enjoy more spectacular Highland scenery as you drive through Cairngorms National Park and Glen Garry to the Victorian mountain resort of Pitlochry. This afternoon, visit a WHISKY DISTILLERY, where your guide explains the ancient art of converting barley, water, and yeast into a heart-warming liquor. Stay the night in the city of Dunkeld. (B,D)
Day 5 - Dunkeld - St. Andrews - Edinburgh. A leisurely start to the day with a drive across Tay Bridge to St. Andrews, whose Royal and Ancient Golf Club, founded in 1754, has given us the rules of golfing. A fun inclusion is the opportunity to hit a few balls at the [LF] ST. ANDREWS GOLF PRACTICE CENTRE. Continue on to Perth for a special visit to SCONE PALACE, the stately home of the Earl and Countess of Mansfield. During your welcome over [LF] COFFEE and SHORTBREAD, hear about the crowning of Scottish kings here, then join your guide on a private tour of the Murray family home. Plenty of time later to explore the palace grounds. Cross the mighty Forth Road Bridge to Edinburgh and tonight, don't miss our optional Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis. (B)
Day 6 - Edinburgh. Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old "New Town" and famous scientists, inventors, and novelists. In the "Old Town," drive up the narrow Royal Mile to EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. The afternoon is free to enjoy the Scottish capital at your own pace. Later, a unique optional experience: board the former Royal Yacht Britannia, once the perfect royal residence for the Queen's glittering state visits and family holidays. Tour five decks and see how the Royal Family and crew of 240 lived and worked on board. Dinner rounds off this optional evening. For departures August 1, 8, and 15, tickets are included for tonight's performance of the world-renowned MILITARY TATTOO, a vast spectacle of massed Scottish pipe bands that takes place in an arena on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle. (B)
Day 7 - Edinburgh. Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- Spring/Summer: wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes.
Fall/Winter: wear layered clothing in the winter to ensure comfort in the cold weather.
- In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation is confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.