Summary of The Day: Feed your adrenaline and step into a breathtaking world where glaciers rest above and birds soar below. Experience waterfalls, wildlife, fossils and more on an exciting cliff-edge walkway that leads to a platform where glass is all that separates you from a 918 foot drop. Welcome to the all-new Glacier Skywalk in the heart of the Canadian Rockies!
The Glacier Skywalk is an experience like no other: a perfect balance of breathtaking views, interpretive story-telling and adrenaline-pumping excitement. Start by taking your time to explore a cliff-edge walkway that is filled with nature-inspired interpretive exhibits. Look down and you’ll see hints from life thousands of years ago. Look up and you’ll see the most stunning alpine and glacial vistas. Look around and you’ll discover one of the most unique ecosystems in the world; a place where it’s so hard to survive that adaptation never stops.
The grand finale to this experience is a glass-floored observation platform 918 feet (280 metres) over spectacular glacier-formed valleys and rushing waterfalls.
The entire journey is presented in an interpretive story telling format that will be sure to leave you with a special bond with our natural world that few people have the opportunity to experience.
*Tour prices are based on CAD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
*Adult: 16 and above
Any children 5 and under can ride the Gondola for free
*Prices are subject to change; please contact us for a quotation before making your reservation.
Shuttle transportation between the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre and the Glacier Skywalk
A hand-held audio guide
Access to the interpretive walkway and the glass-floor platform
We have new buses that will allow for a more comfortable wheelchair transportation to the Glacier Skywalk.
Attraction tickets are non-refundable.
The safety of our guests is our biggest priority. If we experience severe weather that we feel will put our guests at risk we will close the Glacier Skywalk. Such unusual, severe weather would include lightning, blizzard conditions, severe rain or extreme winds.
The Glacier Skywalk is located at Latitude 52.261381, Longitude -117.280862, however no parking is available at the Glacier Skywalk itself. We ask guests to use our free shuttle service leaving from the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre located at Latitude 52.220281, Longitude -117.2249.
Shuttle buses are scheduled to run continuously every 15 minutes throughout the daily hours of operation departing from the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre. The queue hallway will be divided - one side for the Glacier Adventure guests and one side for the Glacier Skywalk guests. Those who pre-purchased their tickets online or in Banff, Lake Louise and Calgary will be accommodated on the first available shuttle bus.
To limit the environmental footprint of the Glacier Skywalk, we have not installed or equipped the Glacier Skywalk with washroom facilities. Guests will need to use the washrooms at the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre, before or after their visit to the Glacier Skywalk.
The Glacier Skywalk and Discovery Trail should not be slippery, and our staff will be working to keep it clear of snow & ice in the event of poor weather conditions. However we are at the will of nature and therefore, recommend that guests wear appropriate closed-toe footwear with a gripping sole; solid running shoes or hiking boots would be best.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.