Summary of The Day: This half-day excursion from Paris will take you to Giverny to visit the magnificent house and gardens of famous Impressionist painter Claude Monet.
Immerse yourself in the world of this supremely talented painter, famous for his landscape canvases and numerous artworks depicting his gardens, such as "Water Lilies," "Japanese Bridge" and "The Irises." Your visit will also include the beautiful water lily pond, with its play of colors and Monet's legendary Japanese-inspired bridge. Learn about the artist's daily life by visiting his home and his studio with an official guide.
We'll leave Central Paris for this unique excursion in the footsteps of Impressionist painter Claude Monet. Admire the lush green landscapes of the French countryside as you travel by luxury air-conditioned coach to the small Normandy village of Giverny. The trip will take approximately one and a half hours. The painter and gardener Claude Monet lived there for 43 years, with his family of eight children, from 1883 until his death in 1926.
Passionate about gardening and color variations, he designed his flower garden, fruit tree orchard and water garden as if they were works of art. As you visit the gardens at Giverny, you will see the central pathway leading up to the house, bordered by different varieties of nasturtiums and roses, as well as the multicolored flower beds full of tulips, narcissi, daffodils, irises and peonies. Stroll through the Clos Normand Flower Garden, which is home to many plants of Eastern origins, until you reach the lavish water garden, so famous for its water lilies, weeping willows and green-painted Japanese Bridge. Be captivated by Giverny's unique atmosphere, its light and the reflection of the clouds on the water.
At the end of your visit, take advantage of the village and the pretty gift and book shop. It is housed in what was once the studio where Monet painted the huge Water Lilies canvases. It stretches for more than 3,200 square feet! The shop offers a wide range of products linked to the Impressionist's work including postcards, posters, teas, books, official Claude Monet tableware, flower seeds and plants.
English: Mon, Wed, Sun
English: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat
Portuguese: Tue, Fri
Spanish: Mon, Thu, Sat
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 3-11 years of age
* Participation is free for children under the age of 3.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Transport to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
Please print your tour voucher and present it when you arrive at 2 rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.