Summary of The Day: Spend the day discovering two unmissable sights near Paris: Giverny and the Palace of Versailles. Giverny, a village of timeless beauty once the inspiration for Claude Monet's artwork, is a must-see for any die-hard fan of Impressionism.
We'll set off at 8:15am from local agency in central Paris. The journey to Giverny by luxury air-conditioned coach takes approximately one hour and 30 minutes. Soak up the world of Claude Monet, famous for painting different corners of his garden: Water Lilies and the Japanese Bridge among others. Passionate about gardening and nature's changing colors, Monet designed his flower and water gardens as if they were works of art. During your visit of Monet's garden at Giverny, admire the multicolored flower beds, the Clos Normand Flower Garden with its many Eastern plants, and the lush water garden, famous for its water lilies and Japanese bridge.
Take advantage of the allotted free time to visit Claude Monet's house, where he lived and worked. Explore the reading room - leading into the larder - and the artist's studio. Visit the bright yellow dining room, which has been reconstructed down to the very last detail, with earthenware dishes and a blue-tiled kitchen. In the dining room, marvel at one of the world's most important collections of Japanese prints. At the end of your visit, explore the village and treat yourself to some souvenir shopping in the gift and book shop, once the studio where Monet painted Water Lilies.
After visiting Giverny, enjoy a tasty lunch at the Moulin de Fourges restaurant, where you can sample local food with a twist.
In the afternoon, explore the Palace and Gardens of Versailles. Covering more than 721,000 square feet, the Palace has over 700 rooms. Follow your guide to the front of the line to see the most impressive rooms: the King's Apartments, with seven salons each dedicated to a different god, and the Queen's Apartments. We'll also visit the majestic Hall of Mirrors, a reception room in which to see and be seen, dreamt up by the famous architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. Explore the Gardens of Versailles at your own pace and marvel at its many works of art, fountains, ponds, flower beds and groves of trees. In Summer, a range of activities is staged in the gardens, such as the Grandes Eaux Musicales, when the fountains dance in time with music.
**Smoked haddock with lentils, salad
**Stuffed chicken, potato puree
**Apple tart, fresh cream
**1/4 bottle of red wine (white wine upon request)
**Vegetable quiche, frisée salad
**Selection of cooked and fresh vegetables
**Apple tart with ice cream or fresh cream
We'll return to the meeting point in Paris at around 5:45pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 18 and older
* Child: 3-17 years of age
* Admission is free for children below the age of 3.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Transport to and from Paris in luxury air-conditioned coach
Services of a driver-guide
Claude Monet's House and Gardens entrance fee
Lunch at Moulin de Fourges
Priority access to the Palace and Gardens of Versailles
The menu at the restaurant is not available in English.
Guided tours of the interior of Claude Monet's house are no longer permitted.
Flat shoes are strongly encouraged. Versailles has parquet floors and cobblestones in the courtyards.
Strollers are not permitted inside the palace.
Skip-the-line access is subject to Palace of Versailles procedures: security controls may cause an unexpected delay.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.