Summary of The Day: See George Washington's elegant home and learn more about the life and legacy of the first American president. Enjoy a self-guided tour of the estate, which features beautiful gardens, heritage breed animals, a working blacksmith shop, and a stunning view of the Potomac River. Inside the museum and education center, see original objects, such as his famous dentures, and watch the American Revolution come to life in a 4-D theater where it snows every day. Find out about Washington's successful business enterprises at his reconstructed gristmill and whiskey distillery.
Enhance your visit to Mount Vernon with a 45-minute sightseeing cruise of the Potomac. See unique views of the estate and learn more about Washington's fishing enterprises. Guests will be assigned to the next available tour time.
Mount Vernon Estate: Daily, open 365 days a year. Hours: 9:00am- 5:00pm (April-October); 9:00am-4:00pm (November-March).
Sightseeing Cruise Availability: Tuesday through Sunday, April through August only. Cruise departs at 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm & 3:00pm.(Schedule may change due to weather.)
Cruise times depart regularly throughout the day, Tuesday through Sunday; April through August. You will be assigned to the next available tour time upon arrival.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.