Summary of The Day: Face your fears today with the most adventurous, adrenaline pumping trip of your life! Slip on your scuba gear, hop in the cave, and wait to see one of the most fascinating predators in the world!
Please arrive at the harbor at least one-hour before departure to fill out all necessary indemnity forms, enjoy breakfast, and have a safety briefing with our guide.
Then we'll departs from the harbor to look for the sharks on a 20 minute boat trip to Shark Alley (in Winter) or a 10-15 minute trip to the alternative viewing spot (in Summer) where most of the sharks gather. Here we'll suit up and descend under the ocean depths to see Great White Sharks up-close and personal (as well as safely).
We'll spend at least 3 hours at sea spotting these amazing and awe-inspiring underwater giants. We'll also be able to view the sharks from the deck. A videographer will be on board filming the entire excursion and DVDs will be available for purchase at the end of the tour. We'll return to the harbor for lunch and get a chance to see the footage of our dive.
Getting to Gansbaai
The local operator will send you an SMS by 6:00pm on the evening before your dive. This could be as early as 4am or as late as 12:00pm.
Please give yourself 2.5 hours in order to make it on time.
From Cape Town, take the N2 to Somerset West.
Driving through Somerset West, stay on the N2 over Sir Lowry's Pass in the direction of George.
Coming down from Houwhoek Pass, keep left to Hermanus on the R43, driving through this beautiful village, you'll get Stanford after about 20km and driving another 20km you'll get to Gansbaai.
Driving through Gansbaai you turn right at the last 4-way stop (5th intersection) – a roadside board directing you to Kleinbaai.
Staying on this road, you'll get to the sea where you need to turn right.
Finding the Kleinbaai harbour on your left-hand side, park you vehicle here
Walk Up to the crew house given in your confirmation.
GPS Co-ordinates: 34°36'55,26 S and 19°21'14,14 E
You are required to arrive at least one-hour before launch departure. You will be required to complete the necessary indemnity forms followed by breakfast. This is followed by a safety briefing with our tour guide after which our boat departs from the harbor to look for the sharks on a 20 minute boat trip to Shark Alley (in Winter) or a 10-15 minute trip to the alternative viewing spot (in Summer) where most of the sharks usually hang out.
Please be ready at the pick-up point 15 minutes before departure time.
You are welcome to bring your own camera. Digital underwater cameras are available for hire at R400. You get to keep the memory card. The Trip DVD is an optional extra.
Please bring a swimsuit, a change of warm clothes, a windbreaker, a hat and sunscreen. The sea wind can be chilly and the sun burns more when at sea.
The boat is equipped with sufficient diving equipment to accommodate all our guests on their cage dive and the dive master ensures that everyone is safe and comfortable with the experience. The boat is also equipped with all the necessary safety gear as well as a life-boat large enough to accommodate all the guests should it become necessary. Snacks including chips, fruit, bread rolls and water are available for the duration of the trip.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.