Summary of The Day: Early in the morning we will set out for Puerto Piramides, located just an hour outside the town of Puerto Madryn. The route offers a beautiful drive full of scenery and lush green pastures contrasted by tall prairie grasses.
Having reached Puerto Piramides at the tip of the peninsula we will embark on a boat for whale-watching! After boarding we will set our course for south of the peninsula, going through Salinas Grande y Chica. We will arrive at Punta Delgada, around midday, where we will enjoy lunch at the El Faro resort. At El Faro you will have the opportunity to go down the cliffs and walk near the seals and sea lions.
As the tour continues we will head towards Punta Cantor to see the external coast of the peninsula and get to Caleta Valdes, also known as Valdes Inlet. Here we will view towering geological formations before heading back to the Ameghino Isthmus. While the whales like to steal the show, you’ll also get the chance to see several other species of wildlife such as guanacos, rheas, foxes, maras (Patagonian hare), armadillos and more. At sunset, we will arrive at Puerto Madryn at sunset.
Whale watching is subject to weather conditions, and that whale watching season is June - December.
The rest of the year, the cruise goes seal watching.
Time: 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
Times are subject to change.
The start time is an approximate departure time from your hotel. Your exact pick up time will be sent to you once you confirm your reservation.
Whale watching is subject to weather conditions.
Whale watching season is June - December. The rest of the year, the cruise goes seal watching.
Attractions and services cannot be canceled. A voucher has no cash value and is non-transferable. No refunds, credits, exchanges, or cancellations of a voucher will be granted once voucher has been issued. Refunds will not be issued for unused or partially used attractions or services. Availability and pricing for an attraction or service are subject to change without notice.
To protect your personal property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.