Summary of The Day: Known as one of the most beautiful cities in Germany, Heidelberg is an everlasting favorite among international tourists.
We'll explore the world-famous castle (partially in ruins) with its impressive Gothic and Renaissance architecture.
Take a walk through the medieval town center and marvel at the Old Bridge, Karlstor, the Church of the Holy Spirit, the House of the Knights with its precious Renaissance façade, and the small lanes with half-timbered houses.
The city is also home to the oldest university in contemporary Germany, and the 5th oldest in Central Europe.
When we return to Frankfurt we'll show you the diversity of our equal parts historic and modern metropolis: the most important sights of the former Coronation city of the German emperors, and the new banking center of modern Europe.
Come and see one of the largest rail stations in Europe, the Museum Embankment, European Central Bank and the banking district, boasting some of the tallest skyscrapers in the EU. We'll walk across the historic heart of the city to Old City Hall, St. Paul's Church, and the Cathedral.
See the Hauptwache, former headquarters of the city's Stadtwehr militia; our shopping street, Zeil; the Old Opera, the towers of the old city walls, and our international fairgrounds.
We normally return to the meeting point in Frankfurt at around 6:30pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 13 and older
* Child: 12 years of age and under
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
English-speaking tour guide
Transportation from Frankfurt to Heidelberg and back
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes early.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Heidelberg is a wonderful place to visit in a short trip from Frankfurt. I saw the castle, the famous bridge and the center of the city. I purchased Heidelberg+Frankfurt City Tour
The only portion of this trip that I would not agree with ...what was sold is the Frankfurt tour, which is not a guided tour, but only a Hop-on/Hop-off bus, where you need to guide yourself where to stop and decide what you want to see. In fact it was good too, but not what was sold.Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.