Following W.A. Mozart's Footsteps
- Tour Code:
- Start City:
Prague, CR, CZE
- End City:
Prague, CR, CZE
- 3 hours
- Tour Type:
- Apr 1st 2014 - Mar 31st 2015: Mon/Wed/Fri View All
Get 41 Reward Points Buy This Tour and Earn 41 Points
See how it works
This unique tour will acquaint you with the places in Prague where the genius composer Mozart stayed. This is your chance to learn why the people of Prague welcomed Mozart so warmly, why they loved him so much and why his music has won the hearts of everyone in this nation up to the present day. Learn about the history of drama and music in Bohemia and Moravia as well as more about Czech´s musical history.
Beginning on foot, we will walk through the Old Town stopping at the Golden Angel house and the Estates Theatre. It is at the Estates Theatre that the world premiere of Don Giovanni took place on October 29, 1791. The Three Golden Lions house is where Mozart lived during his second stay in Prague.
Next we will get on a tram and transfer to Lesser Town to visit the exhibition of music at the Czech Museum. Then travel by funicular to Petrins for a view of the tower. Finish by traveling to the Strahov Monastery at Hradeany.
Walking to the Strahov Monastery we will see where Mozart improvised on the organ in the church of the Ascension of the Virgin on the day of Don Giovanni's premier. At Hradeany Square and Lesser Town, we will stop at the houses and palaces where Mozart held concerts or where he lived. Our journey ends at the St. Nicholas Church where a requiem was held on December 14, 1791 as a tribute to W.A. Mozart. It was also a statement of the Czech nation's sorrow at his sudden death.
Tour Duration: Approximate 3 HOURS
Meeting Point (subject to change):
Narodni street 38, Prague 1
Please go to the meeting point by your own. As a return transfer to your hotel is not provided, this tour will end in Lesser Town.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult age: 10 or up
*Child age: 1-9
- Local Taxes
- Professional tour escort
- Airfares or related transportation between your home and Prague airport or hotel pickup
- All personal expenses including hotel room service
- Service fee for tour guide/bus driver
- Tour departs at 1:30pm. Please arrive at the departure location 20 mins prior.
- The available tour languages for this tour are English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian. Please remark your preferred language while making reservation.
- Spring/Summer: wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes.
Fall/Winter: wear layered clothing in the winter to ensure comfort in the cold weather.
- In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation is confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.
- Please refer to Customer Agreement before you make reservation.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
|Your guide speaks the language.|
|A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.|