Summary of The Day: This unique tour will acquaint you with the places in Prague where the genius composer Mozart stayed.
This is your chance to learn why the people of Prague welcomed Mozart so warmly, why they loved him so much and why his music has won the hearts of everyone in this nation up to the present day. Learn about the history of drama and music in Bohemia and Moravia as well as more about the Czech Republic's musical history.
Beginning on foot, we will walk through the Old Town stopping at the Golden Angel house and the Estates Theatre. It was at the Estates Theatre that the world premiere of Don Giovanni took place on October 29, 1791. The Three Golden Lions house is where Mozart lived during his second stay in Prague.
Next, we will get on a tram and transfer to Lesser Town to visit the Czech Museum of Music. We'll then travel by funicular to Petrins to get a splendid view from its observation tower and then head to Strahov Monastery.
Walking to the Strahov Monastery, we'll see where Mozart improvised on the organ in the church of the Ascension of the Virgin on the day of Don Giovanni's premier. We will stop at the houses and palaces where Mozart held concerts or where he lived. Our journey ends at the St. Nicholas Church, where a requiem was held on December 14, 1791 as a tribute to W.A. Mozart. It was also a statement of the Czech nation's sorrow at his sudden death.
Tour departs at 1:30 p.m. Please arrive at the departure location 20 mins prior to the tour's start time.
The available tour languages are English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Russian. Please remark your preferred language when making your reservation.
During the spring and summer, we recommend that you wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes.
During the fall and winter, we recommend that you wear layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.