Summary of The Day: Today, discover the best attractions in San Francisco!
To begin, head to Pier 33 at Embarcedero Street to join the Alcatraz ferry ride. You can use local public transportation to reach here, either with the F Streetcar or Bart-Embarcadero Station.
The ferry ride from San Francisco to the island takes approximately 10-15 minutes. Once you arrive on the island, a brief presentation of the island's history and guide to touring the prison is given. An audio tour is provided on entrance of the cell house that gives a recorded commentary from former inmates, prison guards and prison wardens. It takes roughly between 2 and 2 1/2 hours to do the full tour and just enough time to grab a souvenir. The ferry leaves roughly every thirty minutes. Learn interesting facts about the island, such as that Alcatraz was not only used as a prison but also as a harbor defense fort during the civil war and before then, was America's first lighthouse on the West Coast. Experience the beauty, history and infamy of Alcatraz Island on the San Francisco Bay.
Afterwards, you'll head back to the mainland and join the walking tour at 2:30pm at the Buena Vista Cafe in Fisherman's Wharf at 2765 Hyde Street, San Francisco, CA 94109.
During this tour, you will explore the Fisherman's Wharf neighborhood of San Francisco. You will get an exclusive insider excursion and get the chance to take amazing photos of Lombard Street, Telegraph Hill, Coit Tower, and much more!
The tour ends and you will be able to use your cable car ticket. It is an open date ticket, so you can use it in the evening, or the next day!
Alcatraz is even more popular now than in previous years. We recommend booking Alcatraz packages at least one month prior to your desired departure date.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*A minimum number of four (4) guests is required for this tour to operate. If the minimum is not met, we will contact you regarding rescheduling.
*Adult: 11 and older
*Child: 10 and younger
*No infant less than 18 months old is permitted on this tour.
For child under 8 years old:
Please note that for your child's safety, we require you to bring a child safety seat or booster seat for all children that are not at least 8 years of age or 4' 9" or 144 cm in height as dictated by California State Law. You will be required to provide your own child seat on all motor vehicle tours. Failure to provide a seat for your child will result in forfeiture of your seats on the tour without refund. If your child is 8 years or older or 4’9” in height you do not need to provide a child seat, however, please let us know.
Baggage allowance policy:
This tour doesn't expect our guests to have luggage (suitcases and such). If guests do, they need to notify us 48 hours in advance and the luggage policy should apply.
This tour is non-refundable once purchased.
We normally don't accommodate luggage for this type of activity. Please contact us 48 hours in advance if you require to hold your suitcases.
To protect your personal property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
You will receive a headset for an audio presentation, which includes 45 minutes of recordings of actual guards and inmates who lived and worked on the island. At the end of the tour, you will have time to explore Alcatraz Island on your own.