Explore LA's Original Farmers Market, a landmark unlike any other in southern California, on an entertaining, informative and delicious Melting Pot Food Tour. Artisan butchers, bakers and candymakers, a gourmet grocery emporium with one of L.A.'s finest cheese counters, an international spice merchant endorsed by Oprah Winfrey, local celebrity chefs, and more....so much to discover and, more importantly, to taste at this famed Los Angeles location.
Get the insider's perspective and understand why locals consider this the best restaurant and grocery store in town! This epicurean 2.5 hour stroll all takes place within the Original Farmers Market. Guests will be introduced to the Market's fascinating history, hear stories of the legacy families who have been part of this landmark location since its beginnings in 1934, and taste signature items from a variety of Farmers Market stalls which may include:
*Ethnic eateries (French, Brazilian, Cajun, Middle Eastern or Spanish)
*Gourmet grocery store
*Fresh produce stand
*Donut shop rated one of the best in the county by USA Today
*Handmade candy kitchen
*L.A.’s first pizzeria
*Mexican grill featured in Bon Appetit magazine
The food samples along the way are filling enough for most people that a meal afterwards is not necessary. Tour guests, comfortably full with delicious food, will walk away with hundreds of food pics and an unforgettable morning they’ll want to brag about back home.
*Adult age: 13 or older
*Child age: 5-12
*There is no charge for children under 5 if they do not participate in the food tastings, if the children want to have tastings along the way, then they need to buy a child's ticket.
All personal expenses
Parking rates: They will cost approximately $4-5
Optional 15-20% service fee to the tour leader is customary
To make your travel more convenient, we suggest you book your tour in advance cause tours often sell out!
You are able to specify dietary restrictions and food allergies when you book your tickets. Please be as specific as possible, so we can accommodate your needs. If we do not find out about dietary restrictions until the day of the tour, however, it is not possible for us to accommodate you.
You are advised to bring along your own bottle of water, especially if it is a warm day. There are also places to purchase water and other beverages along the tour routes.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.