Summary of The Day: Join us in revisiting the thrill and excitement of the original Olympic Games, which took place from 776 BC to 393 AD. Enter the famous archeological site of Olympia and marvel at the Temple of Zeus, which once housed the golden and ivory statue of Zeus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. See the original stadium and bouleuterion, where athletes once swore an oath to observe the rules of the game.
Take advantage of the allotted free time in the town of Olympia to buy a souvenir or two ... or three!
Indicative Timetable (Morning/Afternoon Program):
- 7:45am / 1:45pm: all coaches and guides stand by at the quay
- 8:00am / 2:00pm: departure from Katakolon Port
- 8:45am / 2:45pm: coach parked at Ancient Olympia
- 8:50am-10:20am / 2:50pm-4:20pm: guided tour of Archeological Site
- 10:20am-10:30am / 4:20pm-4:30pm: drive to the modern village of Olympia
- 10:30am-11:00am / 4:30pm-5:00pm: free time for shopping
- 11:00am-11:05am / 5:00pm-5:05pm: departure from the village of Olympia
- 11:05am-11:50am / 5:05pm-5:50pm: arrival at the port of Katakolon
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 5 and older
* Children under 5 years of age join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat on the bus.
* The price displayed is per person based on a group of 4.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Transportation in private, air-conditioned bus, minibus or VIP taxi, depending on the size of your group
Please arrive at the meeting point one hour before the tour is scheduled to depart.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.