Summary of The Day: Our first stop is the Olympieion, or the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Dating back to the 6th century BC, the Olympieion is one of the finest examples of Corinthian architecture in Greece. We'll also take a look at Hadrian's Arch, once the dividing line between the Greek city and Hadrian's new Roman metropolis. We'll also drive past the Royal Palace and the present-day parliament building.
Driving further, we'll pass the neoclassical buildings of the university, academy and library before arriving at Panathinaiko Stadium, laid out under the direction of Lycurgus in the 4th Century BC, then rebuilt in 1896 for the Olympic Games.
We'll follow the Attica coastline for about an hour, ultimately arriving at Cape Sounion, at the tip of which is the second most famous monument in Greece after the Parthenon: the Temple of Poseidon. Besides the remains of the walls fortified in 409 BC for the Peloponnesian War and the small propylaea leading into the sanctuary, 16 columns of the main temple still remain standing. Other points of interest include the Ionic frieze depicting the mythological battle between the Lapiths and Centaurs, and the adventures of the hero Theseus, who was said to be the son of Poseidon.
Indicative Timetable (Morning/Afternoon Program):
7:30am-8:00am / 2:00pm-2:30pm: leave the port, drive to Athens
8:15am-9:30am / 2:45pm-4:00pm: sightseeing tour by bus in Athens
9:30am-10:45am / 4:00pm-5:15pm: Athens - Cape Sounion
10:45am-12:00pm / 5:15pm-6:30pm: visit Temple of Poseidon
12:00pm-12:30pm / 6:30pm-7:00pm: free time
12:30pm-1:45pm / 7:00pm-8:15pm: arrive at the port of Piraeus
Tour starts from Athens Cruise Port (Piraeus) or any Central Athens Hotel.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 5 and older
* Children under 5 years of age join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat on the bus.
* The price displayed is per person based on a group of 4.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Complimentary pick-up from hotels in central Athens
Transportation in private, air-conditioned bus, minibus or VIP taxi, depending on the size of your group
We offer pick-up service from most hotels in central Athens. If you require hotel pick-up, please include the name and address of your hotel in the comments section of the online booking system.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.