Summary of The Day: Explore L.A.’s diverse cuisine and culture on this L.A. food and culture tour. Walk through some of L.A.’s ethnic neighborhoods, stopping for tastes at local restaurants, markets and bakeries. Meet local business owners and hear their stories. Admire historic sites and stunning architecture, and get a truly local experience with a ride on the Metro bus through East Hollywood.
On this L.A. tour, you’ll venture off the beaten path into some of Los Angeles most ethnic enclaves, where locals live as though they’ve never left home. Signs in foreign languages, traditional snack shops and ethnic markets line these neighborhood streets, making each visit an adventure.
Learn how these enclaves came about, what makes them unique and where to find some of the city’s best and most hidden ethnic cuisine. We’ll enjoy unique and delicious tastings in markets, restaurants, hole-in-the-wall eateries and bakeries, making sure to include a variety of both sweet and savory ethnic foods. As we walk and ride the Metro through the neighborhoods, you’ll get to observe life in some of L.A.’s most vibrant areas, highlighting traditional homes, architecture and cultural hotspots.
From Robert F. Kennedy’s assassination site to Korean karaoke bars and Thai Spirit Houses, this L.A tour introduces you to the city’s lesser-known and off-beat sectors, where you’re sure to discover many treasures.
We’ll enjoy enough food for a whole meal, so please come with an appetite!
Ending point: 5450 Hollywood Blvd, at the Hollywood/Western metro station.
As we will walk about 3 miles total, please wear comfortable walking shoes. Comfortable clothing, sunscreen, sunhat, and sunglasses are recommended. A warm layer may be necessary as evenings can be cool October through June.
We believe in sustainable travel. Please bring a refillable bottle for water and remember to keep hydrated, especially during hot days. A reusable bag is also recommended to carry any purchases and reduce plastic bag waste.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.