Summary of The Day: Today you'll meet your guide at 7:00am at your hotel and depart early, heading west towards İzmir Province in western Anatolia. We'll enjoy breakfast en route before arriving at Ephesus by 10:00am.
We will have approximately 3 hours to explore the ruins, and walk down the marble streets once walked by the ancients. The city was famed as the site of the Temple of Artemis (one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World) and while only a single column remains, much of the rest of Ephesus is remarkably well-preserved.
While here take some time to admire the Library of Celsus, built to store 12,000 scrolls and to serve as a mausoleum for Celsus, who is buried in a crypt beneath. See stone carvings of Roman and Greek gods, and get a close-up view of the amphitheater.
After lunch, we'll continue to the House of the Virgin Mary on Mt. Koressos (admission not included). Experience the holy spirit of the humble house where the Virgin Mary is said to have spent her last days.
Summary of The Day: Enjoy breakfast at your hotel before the transfer to the ruins of Hierapolis, built over the hot springs of classical Phrygia. Now enshrined as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the ruins of Hierapolis give an insight into the lives of the ancients during pre-Roman, Roman, and medieval times.
Admire the remains of the city gates and theater, along with the Nymphaeum in front of the Temple of Apollo. Beyond the city walls, and passing the Thermae Extra Muros (Outer Baths) lies an extensive necropolis that extends for over 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) on both sides of the old road to Phrygian Tripolis and Sardis.
Along with an inclusive lunch and a chance to photograph the local villages, you will visit the extraordinary “cotton castles” of Pamukkale over which Hierapolis was built. The hot springs and travertines of the mountains have created terraces of carbonate minerals left by the flowing water, leaving a unique landscape in the River Menderes Valley.
We'll depart Pamukkale for Bodrum in the afternoon for an estimated drop off back at your hotel at 19:00.
Please include your hotel name and address in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.