London - Bath - The Cotswolds - Stonehenge - London
Summary of The Day: We have custom-tailored an experience for those seeking to fulfill a lifelong ambition: to see the ancient wonder of Stonehenge and visit the home of Jane Austen. The typical whirlwind tour squeezes way too much into a very tight schedule. Our tour, on the other hand, is designed to give the discerning visitor just the right amount of time at Stonehenge, Bath and the Cotswolds.
Spend a delightful day in the English countryside exploring the Georgian town of Bath, the beautiful Cotswold villages, and the neolithic site of Stonehenge.
Our first stop is the city of Bath. Founded by the Romans on the site of a thermal spring, it became a fashionable spa retreat during the Georgian era, hence the preponderance of stately Georgian architecture. For six years it was home to Jane Austen. Two of her novels - Persuasion and Northanger Abbey - are set in Bath. Your guide will lead you on a walking tour, pointing out the major highlights and most beautiful parts of the city. Afterwards you will be given free time to explore the city on your own. Visit the Roman baths built in in 70 A.D.; watch as the steam rises from the thermal springs. Or visit the Jane Austen Centre, where you can learn more about her life and work. Then it's time to board the motorcoach and head out into the lush English countryside.
Our next stop is Castle Combe, quintessential Cotswold and the prettiest village in England. Stroll through a village where time stands still, marvel at the homes built with the stones of a Norman castle, then enjoy an authentic English lunch in a historic pub. We'll stop briefly at beautiful Lacock, a village dating back to the 13th century whose restaurants, pubs, shops and cobblestone streets are so well-preserved that it feels like you are stepping back in time. It has been the setting of numerous films including Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter.
Continue your journey through the English countryside to your final destination: Stonehenge, one of the ancient wonders of the world. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is believed to have been built between 3,000 and 2,000 B.C. A small train takes visitors to a place overlooking the monoliths. Your guide will explain to you the research and theories behind this neolithic feat of engineering.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 4-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 4.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
It is the responsibility of all those joining the tour to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before scheduled departure time. Guests arriving late will not be accommodated; tickets for missed tours are not eligible for a refund.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests in wheelchairs or those requiring special assistance. Strollers and baby carriages are not permitted on this tour.
Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
We will do our best to be punctual and follow the itinerary. Unforeseen circumstances and other issues beyond our control do compel us to make last-minute changes on rare occasions.
The local operator reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or staff.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Robbie was excellent quality. Summing up his good work, if you were to watch National Geo on TV and the voice-over that's unravelling what's being shown on TV blow-by-blow, would be Robbie's voice. You can tell that he's very passionate abo...ut the job, considering he probably need to tell the same commentaries and insights over again to tourists every other day.Read full review
Guide was absolutely fantastic. Very knowledgeable and understanding to our personal needs and knowledge. Gave us time to do the things we wanted to do and see the things we wanted to see. Was extremely interested in Stonehenge and the curr...ent archaeological theories surrounding the site. My wife and I absolutely loved the tour, mainly due to Phil as a guide.Read full review