Summary of The Day: Our day starts at 7:30am as we depart from El Calafate and head along the famous Route 40. This iconic highway goes along the Argentino Lake up to the La Leona River. Passing the Canadon La Leona we will arrive to the ancient route hotel La Leona. It is here that we will have a break for coffee and cakes.
We will continue along the Lake Viedma and from here we can take in the magical views of glaciers, hidden lakes and the glory that is Mount Fitz Roy. After several photos stops we will arrive at the Andean village El Chaltan, also known as the The Capital of the Trekking. As soon as we arrive we will briefly visit the Interpretation Centre and head to our base - The Pudu Lodge.
There we will divide the group according to their chosen options: free exploration of El Chalten and lunch at one of its fantastic restaurants (not included) or a trek to Estancia Madsen to view the park from the amazing views along Mount Fitz Roy (box lunch included).
After that we will go to the port of Tunel Bay just a few minutes away from El Chaltén, the starting point to navigate across Lake Viedma. From there we will do a 2 hours boat trip to the Viedma Glacier, with its 40-meter-highwalls that occasionally release chunks of ice into the lake below.
At 5:30pm we return to the port of Bahia Tunnel to take the transfer back to El Chalten for meeting the group.
Time: 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Times are subject to change.
A minimum of 2 passengers is required for the tour to operate.
In case of an emergency, all passengers who wish to take this tour must have travelers insurance. You must provide insurance information (Company, Card Number, etc) to Tours4Fun before your tour date. If you do not have insurance and or have not given Tours4Fun the necessary documentation you cannot take this tour.
We recommend bringing hiking shoes, personal gear, bottle of water.
The pick up time for your tour will be confirmed the day before the tour date at the hotel reception between 5 and 8pm.
Please check customs requirements to enter Chile and make sure to have your passport with you.
Citizens from the United States, Australia and Canada visiting Argentina for tourism or business must pay a reciprocity fee and will have to present the payment receipt at the Immigration control when entering Argentina from Chile. Click here for more information about the reciprocity fee:http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/.
Hotel name for pick up
Name of all the passengers
Passport details for all the passengers: name, passport number, nationality, date of birth
You MUST provide passport information at booking. If you do not the tour will be cancelled.
Tour not operational April 1st - September 30th
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.