El Chalten - Mount Fitz Roy - Los Glaciares National Park
Summary of The Day: Our day starts at 7.30 am as we depart from El Calafate and head along the famous Route 40. Passing Lake Argentino and the Canadon La Leona we will arrive to the ancient route hotel La Leona. It is here where you will be able to have a break for coffee and cakes.
Once the break is over we will continue along the Lake Viedma, from here we can take in the magical views of glaciers, hidden lakes and the glory that is Mount Fitz Roy. After several photos stops we will then arrive to Andean village El Chaltan, also known as the The Capital of the Trekking. As soon as we arrive we will briefly visit the Interpretation Centre and then the group will be divided according their chosen option at our base, The Pudu Lodge.
This tour includes the self guided hikes option:
From The Pudu Lodge you will start a self guided trek to one of the miradors of the Mount Fitz Roy and Mount Torre. We will provide you of a map and a packed box to carry in your backpack. This is perfect for the independent traveler; the clearly-marked tracks can make anyone feel like an expert. One should return to base at 6:00 p.m. to meet back up with the group.
We highly recommend the DeAgostini base camp - Laguna Torre hike, one of the most classic treks of El Chalten. It takes you up to the Adela range and the incredible Lagoon Torre where you often find a number of icebergs that has slide down from the face of the glacier Cerro Torre. Difficulty Level: Moderate
For those who prefer a shorter hike, the Laguna Capri trail is a great option. Be prepared for unforgettable views of Mt. Fitz Roy above beautiful Capri lagoon only two hours from El Chaltén.
Time: 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Times are subject to change.
A minimum of 2 passengers is required for the tour to operate.
In case of an emergency, all passengers who wish to take this tour must have travelers insurance. You must provide insurance information (Company, Card Number, etc) to Tours4Fun before your tour date. If you do not have insurance and or have not given Tours4Fun the necessary documentation you cannot take this tour.
The pick up time for your tour will be confirmed the day before the tour date at the hotel reception between 5 and 8pm.
Please check customs requirements to enter Chile and make sure to have your passport with you.
Citizens from the United States, Australia and Canada visiting Argentina for tourism or business must pay a reciprocity fee and will have to present the payment receipt at the Immigration control when entering Argentina from Chile. Click here for more information about the reciprocity fee:http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/
Hotel name for pick up
Name of all the passengers
Passport details for all the passengers: name, passport number, nationality, date of birth
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.