Summary of The Day: Welcome to Egypt! At the Cairo terminal keep your eyes open for the local operator sign, we'll pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel.
Gather round in the hotel lobby at 6:00pm where we'll meet both the other tour members and the guide for an informal meeting where we'll discuss the itinerary and the upcoming adventures.
After the meeting you have free time to start exploring Cairo.
- Hotel check in time: 1:00pm
- Cataract Pyramids Resort or similar
Cairo - Luxor
Summary of The Day: Today, get ready for the true Egyptian experience with a trip out of the Cairo to see one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World: the Giza Pyramids!
After breakfast we'll head out to the Giza Plateau to explore these world famous pyramids and the Great Sphinx (admission not included). Along with your Egyptologist guide we'll trek through the Giza Plateau and take photos behind these amazing and ancient structures. We'll have plenty of free time here for you to hike around the pyramids.
In the afternoon we'll uncover another ancient site: Saqqara (admission not included). The first capital of ancient Egypt, famous for its step pyramid, was built by King Zoser in 2700 BC and is an expansive burial ground. Listen to your guide as they explains the fascinating history behind this unique site.
Only the second day of your adventure and you've already seen two of the most sought after archaeological sites in the world!
Later in the afternoon we'll board our bus to Luxor. In the evening we’ll check into our Premium hotel by the Nile River.
- Steigenberger Hotel or similar
Luxor - Aswan
Summary of The Day: Now that you've seen the Giza Pyramids, get ready for another amazing adventure! After breakfast we'll depart for the West Bank of the Nile, where we'll hop on a donkey like the archaeologists of old and ride out over the desert into the vast and famous Valley of the Kings (admission not included)!
Here we'll discover the magnificent “City of the Dead” where tombs were carved into the desert rocks. Richly decorated for the Pharaohs, the tombs we filled with hoards of treasures so they could live in comfort in the afterlife. Though most of the tombs are closed to us, we'll still enjoy a scenic hike through the valley and learn about the ancient figures buried here, and visit one of the most unique tombs in the region: the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
Rising out of the desert plain in a series of terraces, the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut (admission not included) is the only Egyptian temples and tomb to honor a woman. This expansive and tiered mortuary temple expands out of the valley wall and is richly decorated with statues, towering columns, and hieroglyphics.
After a fun-filled and long day playing Indiana Jones, we'll head back to the Nile, spending a night in the gorgeous river city of Aswan.
- Iberotel Hotel or similar
Aswan - Nile Cruise
Summary of The Day: Though Aswan is one of the smallest cities on the Nile, it still offers a wealth of fantastic sites to visit. First up, we'll head south to discover the impressive High Dam (admission not included), an engineering miracle that was pivotal to Egypt's growth in the 20th century.
From here we'll take a motorboat across the reservoir of the Aswan Lower Dam to a small island where we'll explore the Philea Temple (admission not included). Dedicated to the goddess Isis, Philae Temple has a beautiful setting on an island in the River of Nile. Its various shrines and sanctuaries celebrate the deities involved in the myth of Isis and Osiris.
Later in the afternoon, we'll discover one of the most famous natural wonders of Egypt: the Nile. Joining a 5-star Nile cruise ship we'll sail down the river in luxury.
- Early in the morning you can join the optional trip to Abu Simbel, one of the most impressive ancient sights of Egypt.
- Nile Cruise or similar
Summary of The Day: Today we sail all day long on the Nile, watching the beautiful scenery pass us by and wave to the locals continuing their day of washing, swimming and fishing. Whilst being absorbed by the culture we can sit back and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of one of the greatest rivers on the earth.
- Nile Cruise or similar
Felucca Cruise - Edfu - Kom Ombo - Luxor
Summary of The Day: Today we'll say farewell to our Nile Cruiser and get back to exploring the ancient history of Egypt. Our destination for the day is Luxor, but we'll still get to see and explore some amazing sites on our way back north.
First up we'll visit the ancient city of Edfu, which houses the largest and best preserved temple in Egypt (admission not included). Dedicated to the falcon God Horus, this temple was built over a 180-year period from 237 BC to 57 BC. As we traverse these ancient and sacred halls we'll discover the great conflict between the Gods Horus and Seth, which are depicted on the walls.
Next up, we'll visit another great site, the Temple of Kom Ombo (admission not included). Built during the Ptolemaic and Roman periods, the structure is known as a double temple that is completely symmetrical. Each half offers dedications to different Gods: the southern half devoted to honoring the crocodile God Sobek and the God horus.
After another exhilarating day discover the rich history and mythology of Egypt, we'll arrive in Luxor.
- Steigenberger Hotel or similar
Luxor - Cairo
Summary of The Day: Another day of exploration awaits us as we visit one of the most historic sites in Luxor: the ancient temple of Luxor (admission not included) on the East Bank of the Nile which was dedicated to the great god Amun, his wife Mut and their son Khonsu (the mood god), representing the Theban triad.
As we dawn our archaeologist hats, we'll uncover how the temple was built on the site of a probably smaller structure for the god Amun, while the earliest parts of the temple seen today date from the 14th century BC and the time of Amenhotep III.
In the afternoon we'll proceed to the Temple of Karnak (admission not included), one of the most important religious centers of ancient Egypt.
We'll end the day with a scenic drive to Cairo.
- Cataract Pyramids Resort or similar
Summary of The Day: Now that we've acquainted ourselves with ancient Egypt, we'll get to uncover its great capital: Cairo.
First up, we'll visit one of the most important museums in the ancient world, the Egyptian Museum (admission not included), which houses more than 100,000 relics of Egypt. Armed with your expert guide and the knowledge you've obtained on your great Egyptian journey, you'll be well versed and ready to explore this fantastic institution.
After our visit to the museum we'll discover the great sights of Cairo, including the Citadel of Saladin (admission not included), Mosque of Mohamed Ali, the Hanging Church and the world famous Kahn El Khalili bazaar. Take some time to explore the stalls and grab some souvenirs before settling down for your last night in Egypt.
- Cataract Pyramids Resort or similar
Summary of The Day: Our trip will end after we say goodbye to our new friends over breakfast, and check-out of the hotel in Cairo (11:00am). Before your flight we'll bus you back to the airport and bid you safe travels.
A complimentary airport transfer from Cairo airport to the Hotel will be provided on Day 1 of the tour (the arrival day of the tour) between 5:00am & 11:59pm. A driver will be waiting with a sign.
A departure transfer from hotel to airports on the departure day of the tour will be provided before 12:00pm.
A complimentary airport transfer is also available for pre tour or post tour accommodation bookings with local operator (on the day the accommodation starts or ends).
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $749.00||USD $749.00||USD $970.00|
Holiday Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $777.00||USD $777.00||USD $1,010.00|
|USD $805.00||USD $805.00||USD $1,050.00|
* Price for Single Occupancy applies when one person stays in one standard hotel room.|
* Price for Double/Triple Occupancy applies when two/three people stay in one standard hotel room.
* Maximum room capacity is 3 people including adult and child/infant.
* Solo passengers not wishing to pay a single supplement will be accommodated in a double, twin or triple room according to availability with a passenger(s) of the same gender.
*Additional fees may apply for travelers under 2 years of age. Please ensure you inform us when booking if you are travelling with infants 2 years or younger by placing the number of infants and their dates of birth in the comments section when booking online.
- Services of experienced Egyptologist guides
- 8-night accommodations
- Transportation by Air-conditioned non-smoking coach or mini-bus & Donkeys in the Valley of the Kings
- Two Nights aboard a Nile Cruise ship
- Complimentary Airport Transfers: From Cairo Airport to the Cairo Hotel on day one and return transfer
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
- Excursions: As per the itinerary (entrance fees NOT included)
- Any flights
- Travel insurance
- Meals not stated in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips & gestures
- Visa fees
- Other services not stated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to the sights and museums and Optional activities(prices may vary due to the season and are subject to the final box office price. All optional tours that include a service fee must be paid for in cash before joining the tour.)
- Giza Pyramids / Sphinx: EGP 80.00/person (USD 9.00)
- Sakkara: EGP 80.00/person (USD 9.00)
- Egyptian Museum: EGP 75.00/person (USD 8.50)
- Citadel: EGP 60.00/person (USD 7.00)
- Philae Temple: EGP 70.00/person (USD 8.00)
- High Dam: EGP 30.00/person (USD 3.50)
- Komombo Temple: EGP 60.00/person (USD 7.00)
- Edfu Temple: EGP 60.00/person (USD 7.00)
- Karnak Temple: EGP 80.00/person (USD 9.00)
- Luxor Temple: EGP 60.00/person (USD 7.00)
- Colossi of Memnon: Free
- Valley of the Kings: EGP 104.00/person (USD 12.00)
- Hatchepsut: EGP 52.00/person (USD 6.00)
- Nubian Dinner, Aswan: GBP 13.00/person
- Temples of Abu Simbel: GBP 60.00/person
- Alexandria Overday: GBP 32.00/person
- Sound & Light Show by the Pyramids, Giza: GBP 15.00/person
- Hot Air Balloon, Luxor: GBP 75.00/person
- Activity Level:
This tour offers a moderate level of activity, focusing on traveling to unique destinations off the beaten path and offering travelers a variety of activities at each destination, including horseback riding, donkey riding, and jeep safaris. The general age of travelers on this tour range from 18 - 39 years old.
- Tour Cancellation and/or Alterations Made Within:
1) 16 days prior to departure date -100% of reservation cost will be charged.
2) 17-31 days prior to departure date -85% of reservation cost will be charged.
3) 32-61 days prior to departure date -70% of reservation cost will be charged.
4) 62 or more days prior to departure date -25% of reservation cost will be charged.
- All changes, amendments or additions must be confirmed prior to 62 days of the departure date to avoid cancellation or amendment fees. No new passengers may be added to a booking once completed.
a) Name & Tour Date changes requested within;
- 31-17 days of departure will incur an amendment fee of £50 per person;
- 16 days of departure will be made at the sole discretion of local operator.
b) Tour Destination changes requested within;
- 62-32 days of departure will incur an amendment fee of £35 per person;
- 31 days of departure will be made at the sole discretion of local operator.
- For customers who will self transfer to hotel on day, according to the hotel's policy, the guests need to arrange their check-in after 3:00pm (local time). If the guests arrive at the hotel before 3:00pm, they will have to wait until 3:00pm to check-in. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Write a Review and earn 200 points. Attach photos to your review and earn 25 points per photo.
Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.
Mega was fantastic throughout the whole tour! George was very helpful. Very pleased with how everything went. I will definitely recommend this tour in the future.
"Mega was amazing! Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable. Couldn’t have asked for a better guide. Overall a really enjoyable holiday that I would recommend to others."
"Mega was a great tour guide. Very honest, great story teller and very friendly. The best. Would recommend to others."
Thank you Mega! The tour worths for the sightseeing and for your assistance. I will remember everything and everyone forever.
Mega was an amazing guide! Really went above and beyond and was friendly and knowledgeable. A fantastic trip that I would recommend to others – thank you Mega
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Customer ReviewsSee All
Mega was fantastic throughout the whole tour! George was very helpful. Very pleased with how .. Read MoreBy Harach On 12/23/2015 00:00:00
"Mega was amazing! Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable. Couldn’t have asked for a better guide. .. Read MoreBy Jacka On 12/21/2015 00:00:00
"Mega was a great tour guide. Very honest, great story teller and very friendly. The best. W .. Read MoreBy Newman On 12/21/2015 00:00:00