Summary of The Day: Tread the route of royals, past and present - and let your expert guide unlock the history of this ancient seat of power. Discover the hidden history of the Canongate, and the glorious Holyrood Palace.
Discover an approach to the palace that escapes the notice of history books and bus tours. As you walk down the quiet closes of the Canongate your expert guide will show you a different side of the royal city - in rich, engaging detail.
Here, rebellious Jacobites clattered over the cobbles, led by a proud Bonnie Prince Charlie. And Deacon Brodie led his dual life as locksmith and thief, immortalized by Robert Louis Stevenson. In the hands of your gifted storyteller, you'll find that romance and intrigue are everywhere - in the architecture, literature, crime and politics, on the very doorstep of the Queen's Palace.
After the Canongate, your guide will introduce the glorious Holyrood Palace - which you'll explore in your own time. You'll find 14 magnificent state apartments, as well as the romantic ruins of the 12th century Holyrood Abbey.
The palace was the setting for many dramatic episodes in the short reign of Mary, Queen of Scots - and Her Majesty The Queen still makes use of the State Apartments for royal ceremonies.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 5.
* Tour prices are based on Pound Sterling (GBP) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Please check in at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.