Summary of The Day: This tour is the perfect introduction to Scotland's capital. The first secret you'll learn? That you can skip the line at Edinburgh Castle!
Discover an Edinburgh beyond the reach of tour buses and books. Your expert guide will take you to the places where history was made: the wynds, closes, courtyards and homes of Edinburgh's Old Town. You'll be hanging on your guide's every word, as the true stories of our capital's past unfold.
The characters? Think Mary Queen of Scots, David Hume, Adam Smith and Robert Burns. But you'll go far beyond the well-known facts and faces, uncovering another side of our city, and Scotland's past. From crime and culture to politics and everyday events, all Edinburgh life is here, expertly told by your guide.
The castle dominates Scotland's capital city from its great rock. Battles and sieges were fought over it, royalty lived and died within its walls, and countless generations have been inspired by it.
Visit the Castle with your guide, and you'll walk straight over the drawbridge, straight past the ticket line, for a guided tour of the interior. The full tour, including Edinburgh Castle, takes 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 5.
* Tour prices are based on Pound Sterling (GBP) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
1.5-hour guided walking tour of Edinburgh's Royal Mile
Please check in at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the tour.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.