Summary of The Day: Enjoy a lovely holiday in Scotland and get out of the city with a scenic trip from London to Edinburgh by train to explore the Scottish Highlands.
You'll begin your vacation with a train ride from London to Edinburgh, departing from Kings Cross Station at 7:00am. The journey takes approximately 4 1/2 hours and is unescorted. Relax as you travel through gorgeous countryside to arrive in Edinburgh.
Upon arrival, please self-transfer to the hotel and check in. We'll provide you with a complimentary hop-on hop-off pass to tour the city at your leisure as well as a ticket to Edinburgh Castle, a sight not to be missed!
Please arrive at the information booth at King's Cross Station by 6:30am. A representative will be waiting there to give you your tickets and instructions.
Summary of The Day: Today we'll get out into the gorgeous wilderness of Scotland with a day trip to Loch Ness! Journey north with your guide on this scenic tour, passing by the intimidating Stirling Castle and cross through the Trossachs (Rob Roy country) before reach Rannoch Moor and continuing on to dramatic Glencoe.
From here we'll journey past Fort William and Britain's highest mountain, the mighty Ben Nevis, as we follow the Great Glen to arrive in the village of Fort Augustus, right on the shores of Loch Ness. Stroll along this gorgeous loch and keep your eye out for Nessie, or join a boat trip out onto Loch Ness to get a closer look (own expense). Enjoy our free locally-produced picnic lunch and wander through Fort Augustus, an enchanting and quaint village.
On our way back to Edinburgh we'll pass through the Monarch of the Glen country, heading south to Perthshire and the historic town of Dunkeld. Along the way we'll see the spectacular Forth Bridges before arriving back in Edinburgh around 8:00pm.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 5-11 years of age
* This tour is not suitable for children below the age of 5.
* Prices for Single Occupancy apply when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
* Prices for Double Occupancy apply when two people stay in one standard hotel room.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Roundtrip train fare from London to Edinburgh with reserved seating
Edinburgh Castle admission ticket
Edinburgh Hop-on, hop-off sightseeing pass
Day tour of Loch Ness and the Scottish Highlands
Airfare and other transportation fees between your home and London
Hotel pick-up, drop-off
Local guide during your stay in Edinburgh
Transport from train station to hotel in Edinburgh
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.