Summary of The Day: Abandon all senses and descend into Edinburgh's dark and twisted depths to discover the cruel history behind the Blair Street Underground Vaults. Led by a cloaked and shadowy guide, you'll discover dark streets untouched by daylight in Edinburgh's Old Town, the only sound the fading echos of life that you've left behind for this tour.
As the darkness envelops you, you'll begin your hellish journey into the vault, where you guide will invoke the dark past trapped down here. Torture. Executions. Cold blooded murder. The walls here are stained in screams and blood, left behind by the real-life murderers too haunting for anyone to speak their name safely.
Don't expect to find any special effects of pop out scares; this ghost tour foregoes all illusions to show you the real terrors lurking beneath Edinburgh.
The tour ends at the Discovery Room on Blair Street, off Hunters Square.
Please refer to below schedule when choosing your preferred departure time.
- April to October: daily at 3:00pm and 5:00pm
- November to March: daily at 3:00pm, Saturdays at 5:00pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15 years of age
* This tour is not suitable for children below the age of 5.
* Tour prices are based on Pound Sterling (GBP) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
1.25-hour guided tour of Edinburgh Old Town and the Blair Street Underground Vaults
Children 5 years of age and above are welcome to join, but if your children frighten easily, this may not be the family activity you're looking for.
Please check in at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.