Summary of The Day: It might be something to do with the change in temperature. Or the perpetual darkness. Or the ever smaller rooms, stretching beyond the weak beam of a torch. Whatever the reason, there's something unsettling about the Blair Street Underground Vaults. Your expert guide will reveal the troubling tales on this evening walking tour.
A walk along dim streets to the Canongate graveyard will bring you to the resting place of the city's most famous figures: Adam Smith, the father of economics; David Rizzio, the lover of Mary Queen of Scots; and James Douglas, 3rd Marquess of Queensberry - the infamous cannibal of the Canongate.
The tour ends at the Canongate Graveyard.
Please refer to below schedule when choosing your preferred departure time.
- April to October: daily at 7:30pm and 8:30pm
- November to March: daily at 7:30pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15 years of age
* This tour is not suitable for children below the age of 5.
* Tour prices are based on Pound Sterling (GBP) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
1.75-hour guided tour of the Blair Street Underground Vaults and Canongate cemetery
Children 5 years of age and above are welcome to join, but if your children frighten easily, this may not be the family activity you're looking for.
Please check in at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the tour.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.