Most visitors who tour Los Angeles head straight for the main attractions. The downside is that so many miss out on the wonderfully rich culture and street life happening over in East LA. Join us as we veer slightly off the beaten track with our exciting new Los Angeles tour, East LA Latin Flavors Food & Culture Tour.
Start the day with delicious coffee and fresh baked goods in one of LA's most interesting settings. Then hop on the Metro Gold Line for a short train ride to discover the most amazing freshly hand-made Tamales. Then head to the bustling open air market before exploring a real-deal Tortilla factory to try all kinds of salsa/guacamole dips and delicacies. A quick hop back on the Metro Gold Line train drops us off at Mariachi Plaza for a sumptuous lunch of mouth-watering Goat and Pupusa. Polish all this unbelievable food off with fabulous iced Mexican Chocolate and bakery fresh pan dulce.
On this tour, you will:
*Visit LA's first tortilla factory
*Taste time-honored family recipes
*Visit a nationally-renowned tamale restaurant
*Visit LA's first birrieria
*Hear stories of courageous spirit, community, and family loyalty from local merchants
*Visit a health-conscious pupuseria
*Visit a contemporary Latina cafe
Beginning near downtown Los Angeles, we also spend time in Boyle Heights, with well-deserved focus on Mariachi Plaza, the grand centerpiece of the neighborhood. Palates are pleased beyond measure to enjoy a unique medley of fresh, amazing Latin flavors that have graced family tables for generations. Starting with breakfast, guests are treated to traditional handmade foods, some of which originated south of our border over 100 years ago! Foods tasted may be typically expected, yet are extraordinarily prepared. The tour concludes back at our original starting point. The food samples served are filling enough so that for most people lunch afterward is not necessary.
All of these glorious foods are prepared from time-honored family recipes and served with the true warmth and hospitality we've come to associate with Latin Culture. For visitors and natives alike, there's a whole other side of LA just waiting to be discovered, so join us on our new East LA Latin Flavors food tour.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult age: 13 or older
*Child age: 5-12
*There is no charge for children under 5 if they do not participate in the food tastings, if the children want to have tastings along the way, then they need to buy a child's ticket.
Tips to the restaurants and cafes visited
All personal expenses
Optional 15-20% tips to the tour leader is customary
To make your travel more convenient, we suggest you book your tour in advance cause tours often sell out!
You are able to specify dietary restrictions and food allergies when you book your tickets. Please be as specific as possible, so we can accommodate your needs. If we do not find out about dietary restrictions until the day of the tour, however, it is not possible for us to accommodate you.
You are advised to bring along your own bottle of water, especially if it is a warm day. There are also places to purchase water and other beverages along the tour routes.
Parking: There is free public parking at the Indiana Street Metrorail Station, and the lot is generally empty on Saturday mornings (our usual tour time). The parking lot is accessed from behind the Metrorail station via S. Alma Avenue, which is the street running 1 block east of Indiana Street. We will be using the Metrorail during the course of the tour, so you are permitted to park in the lot.
What to Wear:
• Participants will be on their feet for much of the 3.5 hours, so please wear good walking shoes.
• Casual comfortable clothing is appropriate for this tour.
• Hats, sunglasses and cool lightweight clothing are recommended during the hot summer months and will make your experience much more enjoyable.
• In the event of rain, please bring an umbrella and wear appropriate clothing/shoes which will be necessary for walking between tasting stops.
What to Bring/What Not to Bring
• You are encouraged and welcome to bring water or a non-alcoholic beverage.
• You are welcome to bring a lightweight canvas or insulated bag for carrying any purchases you make.
• Cameras are welcome. Regarding videotaping, please be advised that no part of the tour itself, its guests, or merchants may be videotaped without permission. You are always welcome to take video of sites along the way and people in your own party.
• If sun-sensitive, please bring sunscreen.
• And much as we love animals, no pets of any kind are allowed due to the number of food establishments we visit on the tour and as restricted by Metro Line regulations.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
At the moment I cannot confirm availability or pricing for this tour as it is not yet available.
If you would like to be notified when this tour is available, please click on the following link: