Summary of The Day: Combine a scenic drive and gentle walking with up-close animal encounters and delicious food and beverages for the total destination experience.
Customised to match guests’ primary interests and with sites visited based on the weather this tour is conducted in a comfortable air-conditioned Mercedes high-top minibus with a maximum of eleven passengers, but will operate with just four.
This is the perfect tour to get a real insight into the Phillip Island area and its locals. Learn all about the flora and fauna, the topography, the produce, the history and future plans of this world-renowned Island. Converse with a knowledgeable local and have all your questions answered.
Departs 11.00 am and returns approximately 4.00 pm.
Tour departs 11.00 am and returns approximately 4.00 pm.
This tour is conducted in a comfortable air-conditioned Mercedes high-top minibus with a maximum of eleven passengers, but will operate with just four.
This tour includes an option to add a Penguin Peninsular Tour and transfer service for only $35.00 AUD for guests with tickets to the nightly Penguin Parade.
Highlights subject to change/substitution depending on weather and guests’ comfort. Substitutions could include; 360 degree surf experience exhibition, National Vietnam Veterans Museum, alpaca farm, scenic country drive, alternate wineries, breweries, distillery and purveyors of fine goods
Tour may change subject to weather conditions with some attraction substitution for guest’s comfort.
Getting to Phillip Island
If you are not staying on Phillip Island and are traveling from Melbourne, you can take a bus to reach the island and join one of our tours. Bus
V/Line bus services run between Southern Cross Station in Melbourne and several towns on Phillip Island including Newhaven, Cape Woolamai, Surf Beach, Sunderland Bay and Cowes.
The journey from Melbourne requires a change of bus at Koo Wee Rup (very easy and usually no waiting required) and takes around 2 hours to get to the San Remo bridge, and a further 20 to 25 minutes to Cowes.
We will collect guests from the Anderson bus stop if pre-arranged with a tour booking. This can be requested via the “Reservation Request” section during the on-line booking process. Train and Ferry
There is a passenger ferry service from Stony Point (on the Mornington Peninsular) to Cowes. It is best to check with the ferry provider before making the trip to Phillip Island this way as sometimes the ferry is out of service and replaced with a bus service.You can catch a suburban train from Melbourne to Frankston (1 hour), then switch onto a diesel service which runs from Frankston to Stony Point (35 minutes). Again it pays to double check on this service as there has been rumours this will be replaced with a bus in the near future.
Stony Point is spartan so plan and time your trip to avoid a long wait here, or pack refreshments!
From Stony Point Jetty, board the Inter Island Ferries passenger catamaran which docks at the Cowes Jetty. The boat trip takes around 45 minutes, usually with a stop at French Island.
The Cowes Jetty is located right in Cowes so many accommodation options are within walking distance from the ferry. We will meet guests at the ferry that have booked a tour with us if prearranged when making the tour booking.
Due to the nature of this touring experience persons under the age of 16 years are not permitted on this tour
For your safety flat, wear comfortable clothing, good walking shoes and bring a warm jacket as the weather can change quickly at the Prom.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.