Summary of The Day: You and a small group of fellow adventurers will ride aboard a rugged 4-wheel drive safari transport on a spectacular off-road journey into Denali’s backcountry.
Your adventure begins near the entrance to Denali National Park where you meet your driver-guide and head deep into the Alaskan bush. Your destination is the Stampede Trail. Not shown on most maps, this forgotten road was carved out of the wilderness by the early miners of the Kantishna region, seeking gold and antimony.
The Stampede Trail gained notoriety in 1996 from the best-selling novel “Into The Wild” by Jon Krakauer, and subsequently, from the critically acclaimed motion picture directed by Sean Penn. This is the very same trail that Christopher McCandless, subject of the book and movie, took to enter the wilds of Alaska. The first few miles of the Stampede Road are paved, but beyond this point, your guide will take you along very primitive trail with plenty of bumps, mud, and off-road 4x4 adventure.
Your guide will explain the area’s rich history, point out interesting sights along the way, and allow ample time to view and explore the open tundra. Don’t forget your camera! On a clear day, you may have the opportunity to see Denali (formerly Mt. McKinley) from a viewpoint along the trail.
Also, be prepared for wildlife sightings--this is prime habitat for moose, caribou, bears, and foxes, as well as a multitude of smaller critters. Deep in the backcountry, you’ll enjoy a hearty Alaskan snack before winding your way back to civilization with exciting stories and photos to share.
This tour is 3.5 hours long including hotel transfers. Pick up times are thirty minutes to one hour prior to departure.
Our tours are not language specific. Guests that speak any language are accommodated and enjoy our tours.
Due to varying weather, each route is designed by your tour guide to offer the safest and best viewing experience.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft or loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.