Summary of The Day: Litchfield National Park is an Aboriginal Dreamtime region that retains its mysterious spirituality in the silence of still forest valleys and rock face escarpments. With rugged sandstone, monsoon forests, spectacular waterfalls into cool abyss plunge pools, fascinating termite mounds, time for swimming in warm tropical waters, walking and exploring; this area... so remote...so totally Australian; will leave you with a lasting impression.
Departing from Darwin we'll head out towards Litchfield, stopping for a brief break at Batchelor. Along teh way we'll visit the Meridean Termite Mounts and learn about the Cathedral and Magenetic Termite Mounds. Next, we'll head to Florence Falls where we can head down to the pools for a short swim in this fantastic oasis.
Don't expect to get too dry cause next we'll head to Buley Rockhole to see the gorgeous cascades and rockpools, offering us another chance to swim (subject to seasonal conditions). Afterwards, we'll head to Tolmer Falls, set in the middle of a breathtaking valley with lovey views of the coast. We'll pass by monsoon forest and woodland before having lunch at the Litchfield Cafe.
Once we've recharged, we'll visit Wangi Falls for another refreshing swim. Then you can walk through the lush tropical forest here or just relax and take it all in.
Tour departs at 7:20am and returns at 6:00pm approximately.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 2-15 years of age
* Children younger than 2 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
A good level of fitness is required to access some of the waterfalls.
Hats, sunscreen, sturdy walking shoes, swimsuits and bottled water are required when participating in walks.
The itinerary is subject to seasonal conditions.
Please present a copy of your reservation to your guide at pick-up.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.