Summary of The Day: Join us and discover Katherine Gorge, set deep within the stone country of Nitmiluk National Park The towering rock wall ramparts above the Katherine River, ancient Aboriginal Dreamtime stories, prolific birdlife and a boat journey into the 'never never' land highlight the grandeur of this spectacular gorge.
We'll depart from your hotel in Darwin and head south on Stuart Highway, passing endless outback landscapes and WWII air strips. We'll take a short break near the Adelaide River for a light breakfast (own expense) before visiting the Adlaide River War Cemetery - war memorial to the air raids on Darwin in the 1940s. Along the way we might even spot some wallabies who frequent the area.
Then we'll enter the Nitmiluk National Park and head to see the superb Edith Falls. Weather permitting, we may have time to take a swim in the waters below the falls or relax on the grassy banks. Next, we'll enjoy a buffet lunch at the Katherine Gorge Visitors Centre before beginning our scenic cruise through Katherine Gorge. Keep your camera close - there are crocodiles about!
After the cruise, we'll enjoy a short walk along the gorge and marvel at the stark, but richly colored escarpments of the canyon.
Finally, we'll depart this natural wonder and head back to Darwin, stopping for dinner along the Adelaide River (own expense).
Tour departs at 6:20am and returns at 8:30pm approximately.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 2-15 years of age
* Children younger than 2 join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Please present a copy of your reservation to the tour guide at pick-up.
Please state your hotel during booking.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.