Summary of The Day: It is the tapestry of great ecosystems that creates the beauty of Kakadu. Sandstone escarpments shaped by an incomprehensible time span; monsoon forests and flood plains; great rivers journey serpentine to the sea; stunningly beautiful billabongs and lagoons are richly clad in a profusion of colour by glorious water lilies and edged by pandanas and paper bark trees; birds of every size, every hue and every song; fearsome crocodiles on the mudslides of billabongs; Aboriginal artwork painted on rock cave walls. This place is creation in its wonderful diversity...this place is Kakadu.
We'll pass by Frances Bay and Darwin Harbour and head out on Tiger Brennan Drive. Along the way we'll pass Berrimah Naval Defence Base and Palmerston, spotting massive trains along the way. We'll take the Arnhem Highway through Humpty Doo, cross the Marrakai Wetlands and pass over the Adelaide River.
From here we'll enter Kakadu National Park, a vast and pristine weltland habitit and preserve of Abroiginal culture. We'll begin our tour with a short guided walk to the Nourlangie Rock to see the ancient rock art found here. After a tropical buffet lunch, we'll take a guided cruise on teh Yellow Water Billagon. Keep your camera ready to catch a shot of the lively crocodiles, brolgas, magpie geese, and kites. But don't forget to relax - you're passing through gorgeous wetlands that can't help but fill you with serenity.
Before departing for Darwin, we'll head to the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre to learn about the history and culture of the Aboriginal people of Kakadu.
Tour departs at 6:20am and returns at 7:30pm approximately.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 2-15 years of age
* Children aged 2 and under join the tour for free, provided they do not occupy a seat.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Hats, sunscreen, insect repellent, sturdy walking shoes, and bottled water are required when participating in walks.
Please present a copy of your reservation to the guide at pick-up.
Please input your hotel during booking for pick-up.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.