Summary of The Day: Dart River Wilderness Jet is an exhilarating and spectacular journey deep into the heart of the world-renowned Mt Aspiring National Park with the only jet boat operator allowed on the Dart River.
The sheer diversity of what’s on offer means you experience a unique combination of breathtaking scenery matched with exciting jet boating on braided, glacier-fed rivers. Highly informative guides add the personal touch, talking about the area’s history, the Greenstone trail and Maori legends. Walk amongst ancient beech forest unchanged for 80 million years and view the scenic backgrounds for many Middle Earth movie scenes. An authentic New Zealand experience in an untouched world.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the fantastic lakeside scenery on our complimentary courtesy bus to Glenorchy with an entertaining narrative from your local driver describing Lake Wakatipu and its legends. The spectacular 46km drive from Queenstown to Glenorchy is one of the world’s Top 10 scenic drives.
Then get ready to enjoy more than an hour and a half of thrilling high-speed wilderness jet boating skimming across the clear waters of the Dart River into the Te Waipounamu World Heritage Area. Along the way hear about flora, fauna and history on a 30 minute forest walk with your friendly guide
On a backroad tour of Paradise immerse yourself in scenes and backdrops from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies. Learn about the Pounamu (Greenstone) that made the Dart River a key trading route for early Maori and hear tales of early settlers who carved rich farms from the rugged landscape.
- Hotel pick-up is available in this tour. Please indicate the name and address of your hotel in the check-out page.
- Tour departs from Queenstown Information Centre (74 Shotover Street Queenstown 9300) at 8:00am, 12:00pm (May 1 to Sept 30), and 12:30pm (Oct 1 to Apr 30), and from Dart River Wilderness Jet & Funyaks (45 Mull St, Glenorchy 9372) at 9:00am, 1:00pm (May 1 to Sept 30), and 1:30pm (Oct 1 to Apr 30).
- In summer (Oct 1 to Apr 30), tour returns approximately at 12:30pm/5:00pm at Glenorchy and 1:30pm/6:00pm at Queenstown. In winter (May 1 to Sept 30), tour returns approximately at 12:30pm/4:30pm at Glenorchy and 1:30pm/5:30pm at Queenstown.
- If choosing self drive we suggest you allow at least an hour from Queenstown to Glenorchy to include photo stops.
* Adult: 16 years of age and older
* Child: 5-15 years of age
* Children aged 3 or 4 are free of charge if with a paying adult.
* Children under the age of 3 are not permitted.
* Minimum child height of 1 meter applies which may be increased to 1.2m in some conditions.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand Dollar (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Over an hour of high-speed thrills on Dart River Wilderness Jet
Professional and friendly guide
Kruse GPS triggered audio commentary in Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, German, French
Life jackets are supplied and mandatory on the jet boat. Optional spray jackets are also available.
In summer, we recommend you bring your own sunglasses, sun hat, camera, sunscreen, insect repellent and warm outer layer recommended. In winter, we recommend you wear warm clothing plus hat, gloves, windproof outer jacket, sunglasses & camera.
Please ensure you wear suitable supportive footwear. The guided walk is 30 minutes long on a rolling track through the forest.
Kruse GPS triggered audio commentary available in Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish FREE to enhance your journey of discovery.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.