Summary of The Day: Today you'll travel to Cooya Beach north of Port Douglas and meet with the Kubirri warra brothers who follow the traditions of their ancestors. This special place is a traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji. This unique coastal place has three diverse ecosystems – beach, mangroves and coastal reef – that are connected to each other by the every changing mud-flats and tidal lagoons.
The brothers teach their guests how to throw a spear and demonstrate how to search and hunt for fish, mud crabs and mussels. Learn about bush tucker and medicines before enjoying home made damper on the balcony of the family home and taste your catch of the day.
Then we'll head to Mossman Gorge Centre where we'll have lunch at the Mayi Cafe. The specially designed menu featuring predominantly locally sourced produce infused with Indigenous bush ingredients.
Nestled in the World Heritage Listed Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge contains the oldest, continuously surviving rainforest on earth. Experience this pristine natural wonder, with a guided rainforest walk with your experienced Indigenous guide. You will be welcomed with a traditional smoking ceremony.
Your guide will demonstrate traditional plant use, identify bush food and traditions like making bush soaps and ochre paint. The walk meanders through stunning rainforest on private walking rails and takes in traditional huts or hum pies while your guide provides an enchanting narrative of the rainforest and their special relationship with this unique tropical environment. Home of the Kuku Yalanji people.
After your guided walk, spend time browsing through the centre's contemporary Indigenous art gallery and gift shop.
Your day concludes with your return to your selected accommodation.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Tour requires a minimum of 4 guests to depart, but individual bookings are accepted until a minimum is reached.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Friendly knowledgeable driver-guide
Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off from Cairns or Port Douglas Hotels
Please input your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking for hotel pick-up.
Hotel pick-up will begin 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time (7:30am). We will confirm your departure location and time with 48 hours of the departure date.
What to Bring:
Hat, sunscreen, and a reusable water bottle.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.