Summary of The Day: If the only surfing you've done lately is on your smartphone, you need to get out.
You can’t smell the fresh, leafy top notes of the rainforest from behind a computer screen. You can’t hear the song of the wompoo fruit dove or the dog-like bark of the green tree frog from the pages of a book.
You have to immerse yourself in it.
Once you get high on the views and exhilaration that come from flying between our six rainforest canopy platforms on our fully guided zipline tour, you’ll be hooked.
Because nothing can compare to seeing the world’s oldest rainforest from this angle. (And there’s nothing like being strung up 20 metres in the air to give you a new perspective on life!)
Our guides? Are the Kelly Slaters of jungle surfing. With a PhD in encouragement and Masters of rainforest ecology, they’ll hit you with more interesting facts than Wikipedia (and with way more panache).
It’s a jungle out there, alright.
But from up here, you can see only beauty - the tops of the trees, the freshwater streams, and out to the coral fringes of the Great Barrier Reef.
If all the world’s a stage then this is one of its most highly-revered acts.
And it’s available to all ages. All abilities. All day, every day.
For those not using hotel pick-up service, please arrive 10 minutes prior to pick up time at the main meeting point - Jungle Adventure Centre, Lot 2 Cape Tribulation Road, Cape Tribulation, Queensland 4873.
You will be required to complete the pre-tour paperwork here, so please aim to arrive 10 minutes prior to pick up time.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 3-14 years of age
* Children younger than 3 years of age are not recommended.
* Maximum 13 jungle surfers per tour with three guides.
* Maximum weight: 120kg
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Interpretive talk on each platform
All equipment provided - harness and helmet
Expert guides control your speed and flight from every platfrom
Bring your camera - we will attach it to your harness for safety.
Long shorts or pants are most comfortable - skirts are not suitable.
If it’s raining you will get wet, so please bring a change of clothes for after the tour.
Footwear should be firmly attached to your feet. If you only have thongs/slip on shoes we can lend you some Crocs or will tape your shoes to your feet!
Jungle Surfing is an all-weather activity and we love the rain! The tour will only be cancelled and refunded in extreme conditions such as cyclones or severe electrical storms.
The smallest child harnesses fit the average three year old upwards and the adult harness is suitable for persons up to 120kg (260lbs or approximately 19 stone).
Please note that children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and all persons under 18 years must have our Medical Declaration & Waiver Release signed by a parent or guardian prior to the tour.
Jungle Surfing is a unique activity where the guides control your flight so no prior experience or specific fitness is required. There is a 250m walk to the first platform along a narrow forest trail, boardwalk and steps, and a short walk from the final platform to the harnessing centre.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.