Summary of The Day: As the world's most cycle-friendly city, you'd be nuts to leave without going for a spin. Join this Amsterdam tour and be led by a local cyclist who'll show you why Amsterdam is so bike-friendly.
There are just a handful of destinations in the world that were built for biking, and it’s very fair to say that Amsterdam is definitely one of them! Join this Amsterdam bike tour that gets you on the city’s most beloved form of transport and to those hidden gems favored by the locals. You’ll feel like a true Amsterdammer in no time!
You’ll begin your Amsterdam tour by meeting with your local guide in the city centre and hopping on a bike. From here, you’ll head out into the city’s oldest warehouse district. Your local guide will tell you all about this area and what it’s most famous for, letting you in on all the local know-how.
From here on this Amsterdam city tour you’ll head towards De Waag, a remnant of the city walls that dates back to the 15th century. These days, De Waag is surrounded by locals living in the Red Light, an area which houses coffee shops, restaurants, and even an organic food market. You’ll make some stops here to talk about the area and learn more from your expert local guide.
As you bike Amsterdam, you’ll also have the opportunity to admire some of the city’s ultra-modern buildings. You’ll continue from De Waag over to the city’ newest library terrace, where you can see the city sprawl out below. This is the perfect resting spot to grab a coffee and chat with your local guide, as well as take those classic Amsterdam pictures of views of the city.
After this, you’ll continue on this Amsterdam tour by riding along the Amstel Rive and waterfront areas, to capture even more iconic Amsterdam photos and discover the city from all angles. This tour really highlights some of the great engineering and entrepreneurial spirit of the Dutch. By biking around all these neighborhoods you’ll get to see so many parts of Amsterdam that many visitors might not, and with a local to guide you you’ll get all the insider knowledge to really get to know the real Amsterdam.
Your Amsterdam bike tour will finish up in Dam Square, where your local guide will be happy to give you more tips and recommendations for other places to see in the city, or give you directions back to your accommodation.
* Children under the age of 12 are not permitted on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Local English-speaking guide
A Dutch back-pedal bike
A trip on a ferry or stop in naval museum (weather dependent)
Please present your voucher to the guide at the beginning of the tour.
Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
Due to the changing Dutch weather it is important to make sure to be well equipped against rain and wind, and to be wearing proper footwear for bike riding.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
To place your order for a reservation online, simply select your desired tour start date and the number of travelers you are booking for on the upper right section of the tour information page, then click on "BOOK NOW".